BASC, CPSA? Both? Either? Neither? ;-)

buze

I'm still the newb around here, and looking to join either of these -- is there a reason why joining one and not the other?

So far, I loved the CPSA handbook -- terrific source of information in a small package.. But on the other hand, I picked a 'iShoot' magazine and I thought it was very good too (BASC related).

One of the primary reason I'd join would be to get good insurance cover, liability and such -- one never knows...

So, I understand that BASC staff are around this forum (which is a plus) -- but so far I'm a bit too newb to tell the two organisation apart.

Right now we are shooting just clays, but quite clearly, we'll probably go to shoot days and such; next season perhaps. Neither of us plan to start being 'competitive' on clays, if that matters...

Opinions, O wise ones?

I have been with the NPA, the NRA, SRA and was with the CPSA when I shot clays a lot. Was with BASC a lot of years and am now with the NGO.

It all depends what you want/expect of your organisation and what disciplines you shoot. The NGO covers all my needs presently.

you little organisation tart :yes:

cpsa covers you in the field too . game shooting , pigeon shooting or clays , you name it

It does........ However if your not worried about competitive clays then BASC would be my choice, CPSA clubman is cheaper yes but if all you want is insurance the CCC or hours insurance wil cover you far cheaper.....

It does........ However if your not worried about competitive clays then BASC would be my choice, CPSA clubman is cheaper yes but if all you want is insurance the CCC or hours insurance wil cover you far cheaper.....

sorry hdav , I was not sure you was aware the cpsa did cover you for it , I didn't know until recently .

Welcome Buze, I hope you have a good time on the forum and enjoy your shooting

Certainly go with the CPSA if you plan to go down the competitive shooting path, BASC does not do competitions for rankings etc., but our remit is more geared towards live quarry shooting. That's not to say we ignore clay shooting far form it, we have loads of grounds affiliated to us, and the majority of our members go clay shooting for fun and of course to keep their eye in

As to the additional help and support from our firearms team - of course that's available and now backed up with £100k worth of legal expenses insurance too

Best wishes

David

Important for the sport to be a member of one of the shooting organisations.Which one to choose has been the subject of many threads on here with sharply divided opinions,personally I am content with my experience with BASC and see no reason to change.

I'm with BASC. In addition to the insurance, magazine, you also get the whole range of courses, run around the country.

2016's course list (at present) is here : http://basc.org.uk/sporting-services/basc-training-courses/

They also have stalking and wildfowling permit schemes in place for members.

And Soon to be added to the list of,,,,, you cannnot do this without US,, Pidgeon Shooting,,

Yer Right, anything but mate..