picked up fly rod again

7daysinaweek

went out last week on a stock lake of one of my friends, have not cast a fly for about 5 years, used to do quite a bit stock and wild brown, anyroads it was as cold as anything and lasted approx 3 hours out in the boat. caught two nice fish that took a bright orange thingy wet. takes were very slow but strong. they have a take of two fish on this water but i chose to return both fishy's as they gave great sport and returned well. going to get out a bit more again with fly, just fitting it around current stalking. here is one pic a little out of focus but best i could do with cold hands.

post-72392-0-18536400-1454850185_thumb.jpg

Good for you,where about?

hi u/d

was over in cheshire on my friends lake, it has about 15 members and would say it is a good 2 acres of a lake, max depth about 7-8 foot pools, rest of it around 4-5 foot. lovely place and he heads up the working team for it. looking at the catch release it does not get fished a great deal and they have decided to put in some fish up to 4lb in the last couple of years. was really enjoyable to get that electric feel of fish on again. also sorry to hear your unfortunate situation re work. i myself work for a large organisation and manage staff, i would suggest ACAS they are a wealth of resource around employment law and mediation. hope all goes well for you.

7diaw

hi u/d

was over in cheshire on my friends lake, it has about 15 members and would say it is a good 2 acres of a lake, max depth about 7-8 foot pools, rest of it around 4-5 foot. lovely place and he heads up the working team for it. looking at the catch release it does not get fished a great deal and they have decided to put in some fish up to 4lb in the last couple of years. was really enjoyable to get that electric feel of fish on again. also sorry to hear your unfortunate situation re work. i myself work for a large organisation and manage staff, i would suggest ACAS they are a wealth of resource around employment law and mediation. hope all goes well for you.

7diaw

Thanks mate, that was kind☺

I always watch the guys fishing on Lynn brenig when my wife and I visit.

My lamping buddy is a long time fly fishing man too.

Have fun.

Good on you for getting out in this rubbish weather we are having and catching a couple. None anglers don't understand the buzz you get when you hook a fish and long may that last, more space out there for the rest of us lol.

yes paul just got to get out sometimes. am out pigeon shooting this week, some ratting with the smoker and shotties and stalking the week after next. hoping to cast a fly again next month.

atb 7diaw

good effort, i was meant to be down my local trout pool today but woke up with tonsils the size of rugby balls :no:

Ollie you poor fella, feel for you, viral or bacterial tonsilitus bloody terrible and sucks the bloomin life out of you. plenty of fluids and rest for you and them trout will be waiting for you when you better.

atb 7diaw