Nv confused

dob

I am looking at getting into nv but not sure which to get ,either add on or dedicated scope . My dilemma is that when lamping with my mate he thinks nv is not much fun for the other chap who would normally be on the lamp , so my question . If I was to buy a set up with both day time and nv can I use it as a day time scope at night with a lamp if I want to ?

That way we could lamp as normal and if we have a tricky customer then switch to nv ?

Cheers.

I am looking at getting into nv but not sure which to get ,either add on or dedicated scope . My dilemma is that when lamping with my mate he thinks nv is not much fun for the other chap who would normally be on the lamp , so my question . If I was to buy a set up with both day time and nv can I use it as a day time scope at night with a lamp if I want to ?

That way we could lamp as normal and if we have a tricky customer then switch to nv ?

Cheers.

As colin lad says, addon plus your mate can watch over your shoulder or build him a spotter, £240 should build you an add on & spotter.

Edited by Davyo

I have a spotter for anyone out with me so one of us can spot while the other shoots. Also when im on my own it saves spotting with a torch which spook the bunnies on my perms.

Also I have add on NV and much prefer it to dedicated for my use. I think dedicated can be great if you mainly use one rifle i.e. you are a dedicated fox shooter or only bunny bash with a HMR but I have a couple of permissions that really suit different types of rifle so the ability to swap it about is invaluable.