No Shooting For Me Until Further Notice

sitsinhedges

I had exactly the same thing a few years ago. Tried shooting a few days after it was fitted and it didn't feel right, so left it for a couple of weeks, and it was ok after that. It took a long time (over a year) to settle down and feel natural. I don't notice its there now

I had exactly the same thing a few years ago. Tried shooting a few days after it was fitted and it didn't feel right, so left it for a couple of weeks, and it was ok after that. It took a long time (over a year) to settle down and feel natural. I don't notice its there now

Four months until I get the tooth. This was just the bolt with an abutment to come in 3 months. My gums are all stitched up and it looks like I've a plate under my lip. Black eyes to come too apparently :/

I know how you feel I have got a Broken jaw at the min.

Didn't stop me shooting the last day of the season 5 days after the operation but felt it after.

I tried not pushing my cheek on the stock to much but missed everytime.

Boy it hurt to mount it properly but when I had a good pheasant coming at me I couldn't resist.

Had a dental implant fitted in my front upper jaw yesterday and now I look like I've been hit in the face with a bat. Drinking thru a straw right now so my much looked forward to Saturday roost shoot has gone right out of the window along with 3 days work this week but at £2.5k I really don't want to mess it up :unhappy:

Had broken lower right wisdom tooth removed by dental surgeon and was left with a dry socket due to a long time to extract it in bits. Still get pain from hot and cold near three months on. I tried to shoot the same week, not worth the pain for hours after.

Had a shoulder op last September, I started shooting again in January, using Grandsons 28 bore and 16 gram cartridges. I only shot a maximum of 25 at any 1 time. I then had 3 game days in late January for which I used my 20 bore and 25 gram cartridges. I am still not able to lift a 12 bore to my shoulder, due to the weight, but I keep doing the exercises and hope things will improve ready for some clayshooting.

Your not alone, I won't be shooting all of March and using a lighter gun in April due to an operation on my left shoulder. I've got the same operation on the right shoulder to look forward to later on in the year!

Good luck with that one, I did not find that recoil was an issue, just getting the gun into my shoulder was the hard bit ! My clay gun weighs 8 1/4lbs so will not be using that for a while, hoping to move onto the Beretta auto at just over 7 1/4 first.

Four months until I get the tooth. This was just the bolt with an abutment to come in 3 months. My gums are all stitched up and it looks like I've a plate under my lip. Black eyes to come too apparently :/

That sounds about right, it takes a while for the bone to grow around the implant, to make it stable enough to take the tooth. I didn't get black eyes though. When they fit the actual tooth, they screw a bolt into the implant, tighten it with a small torque wrench, and bond the tooth to it.

Fitting the implant is the worst bit, the rest isn't too bad

That sounds about right, it takes a while for the bone to grow around the implant, to make it stable enough to take the tooth. I didn't get black eyes though. When they fit the actual tooth, they screw a bolt into the implant, tighten it with a small torque wrench, and bond the tooth to it.

Fitting the implant is the worst bit, the rest isn't too bad

Think the drill came up into my nose. I felt some thing ***** me there during the procedure and afterwards it bled if I bent over :cry1:

Think the drill came up into my nose. I felt some thing ***** me there during the procedure and afterwards it bled if I bent over :cry1:

Yes, I had the same thing. At one point they were shining a light in my mouth, and trying to see it in my nose.... I'm not a fan of the dentist at the best of times, so it was pretty grim.

It's rock solid now, and feels the same as all my other teeth

I was asked if I wanted an implant when one of my front crowns cracked the root, meaning it had to be removed, I opted for a half pallet until I could have a bridge of the crown next to it.

When the time comes I think I'll go to Hungary or somewhere and get a full mouth done in a week. If I'm brave enough.

Cost in uk is ridiculously high.

Aye....Valentine's Day has a lot to answer for!

:lol: :lol:

Chris had to have quite a bit of orthodontic work carried out recently! Inc root canal, 4 teeth removed, and a further two had heavy work to rescue them! He had trouble eating for best part of a fortnight! Soups, porridge and I even blended his Sunday dinner! Was like having a baby again! He is fine now, but I couldn't help but feel sorry for him!

I remember once when he was about 4-5 a friend visited and exclaimed "fn hell, what's going on with his chin?"

I had noticed something different, but it was such a gradual change I couldn't put a finger on it! My friend said he looked like jimmy hill. I took him to the docs, doc sent him to dentist, he had a huge abscess under his lower front teeth. It never even bothered him, even his recent root canal was without anaesthetic. The dental nurse couldn't believe he never even flinched. His pain tolerance is so high, he broke his leg as a child and kept trying to get up. He wasn't screaming, just holding his leg.

I cant empathize as I have never needed anything else than one filling, and chipped a tooth :no: But think my son knows how your feeling at the mo! Hope your recovery is quick!

Edited by Lord Geordie