first time out with the Sako 85 Job done !!

Guest stevo

evening all ,

well last night I picked my new sako 85 in .243 win and all of today its been the only thing I could think about , couldn't wait to get out and try it , so after work I nipped up the farm and bore sighted in in at 100 yrds and then fine tuned it to a standard 1" high , using 58 grn honaday superformance varmint .

in no time I was getting half inch groups , so that's it I was set to get going ,

I have another farm that has a dog fox that is rather lamp shy , I first saw him last week and a couple of times since , but he has been a trick so and so as he is very very lamp shy , so I thought I would try a new tactic , I drove straight up to where he likes to hang out with no lights or lamps , I went around the back of the van grabbed the rifle with red lamp on top ( NM800 ) I scanned the field with the lamp held quite high hoping to catch some eye shine in the edge of the beam , , when BINGO there he was , he was a long way off but I had already decided that IF it was a clean shot would take it as he was so shy , and I would only get the one chance , I pushed a round into the chamber and dropped the beam down and BOOM !! one dog down ,

I paced him out too 210 yrds

all in all very happy with the performance of rifle and round

cant show other side of fox as its a total mess ,

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/2qgvpma5orup6t3/AACyHEX19FulOEhecCdnSFsWa

atb stevo

Edited by stevo

cheers UD , I must confess I'm quite chuffed as I had it in the back of my mind last week when I first picked him up in the lamp , the way he reacted I thought he was going to be a real pain , alas short work was made of it .

I was getting half inch groups at 100 yrds with them . There very fast and very flat . On the box it say 3975 fps and with a 200 yard zero there is only 3 inch drop at 300 yrds . And i can vouch first hand the impact results are devostating .

Edited by stevo

A near 60grn bullet at near 4grand is not to be sneezed at!

Yes UD there rather good . Flat as a laser with very resectable punch on the end of it too . Come in at £25 per box of 20 .

I'm presuming that's why you use a bore sight? Lol

I have always done . Take the bolt out sight the barrel on target ( rifle propped of course ) adjust scope . Total of three/ four shots to zero . Job done . And nothing flying around the countryside haha .

Well done, always nice to get the first one with a new rifle, never used much below 80 grain in the .243, I bet those 58s are quite something!

Im going to try a few at some extended ranges at weekend just to see what there like when there in the air a bit longer .