Kelbrook

BlaserF3

In an ideal world the set up would change weekly. Unfortunately we don't live in an ideal world.

Many grounds have issues that perhaps you're not aware of.

Noise for instance which means that stands can't face in a particular direction to prevent the muzzles pointing towards residential property.

Similarly they have to face in a particular direction to prevent shot fall out onto someone else's land.

Then there's the orientation of the land itself. Ideally stands would face between NE and NW to prevent sun being in the shooter's eyes but that's not always possible either.

Something simple like the access road onto the shooting ground could be in the wrong place for the perfect set up.

Not everything is the ground owners fault, they have to work with what they've got to the best of their ability and their financial position.

I'm not a ground owner but have been a shoulder for one to cry on over noise issues.

There's a handful of clubs In my area that dont change frigg all, it's getting a bit boring to say the least.

Hence I'm travelling futher on my day off.

We only shoot fortnightly, but the targets are changed for every shoot.

webber

www.astleygunclub.co.uk

Edited by webber

In an ideal world the set up would change weekly. Unfortunately we don't live in an ideal world.

Many grounds have issues that perhaps you're not aware of.

Noise for instance which means that stands can't face in a particular direction to prevent the muzzles pointing towards residential property. I'm not a ground owner but have been a shoulder for one to cry on over noise issues.

I irks me to say the least that established shooting grounds are closed down due to noise complaints - I live fairly near to Humberside airport, we've lived here just over 5 years in what was a lovely quiet little village. In general the Airport itself causes us no problems but in the spring of this year a new SAR (search & rescue) helicopter arrived & it's caused no end of noise issues, it flies over the village or skirts around the village perimeter & a new terminal building has been built to house it that can be seen from outer space !! I've complained about the noise & will continue to do so but it seems to fall on deaf ears. Don't get me wrong I'm 100% behind the SAR team & what they do but I can't figure out why they feel the need to be such bad neighbours.

Edited by V8 90

A very good layout at kelbrook yesterday and we all enjoyed the change of targets.

Just a bit annoying when there's 6 clays in the air at the same time all in the same area.

Would help if people just waited a few seconds after we called pull instead of calling straight after we just called. But I guess there's lots of ignorant folk about.