Bad lads win again

psycho

I will use a .17 hmr very humaine unlike being ripped apart by dogs .....

Good lad ! Still a great shame but i can understand . We caught four lads with two long dogs week before last . Had police down and they got knicked . Dont stop them though .

Trouble is, it's not the dogs fault.

That's also a problem - and a sad one at that as I love seeing dogs working and you are right, and I certainly couldn't harm a dog myself.

Best case scenario would be that the coursers would be affected and not come back, but it appears the only way to do it is to take away either the hares or the dogs as the police won't take away the coursers.

Even more unbelievable that the police just dont care or bother with this especially where violence has been threatened.

I have to empathise with the police to be fair - little can be done about them even if caught.

First there is little chance of an officer being in the right place at the right time.

Then he's likely to be alone and ill equipped to stop 4WD vehicles on farm land.

If he were to manage the above he'd likely get set upon by superior numbers - and dags.

The police lose another officer for possibly several months sick leave.

Chances are the culprits that escaped will not be identified.

Even if they are identified they just move on because they don't have a fixed address for summoning to court.

It very unlikely they will attend court so all the effort got nowhere - apart from the farmer is likely to have a fire started soon after.

A shooting friend of mine who's also a police officer locked up one of these delightful people not so long ago after he was stopped for a broken tail light while on his way to holyhead port to go back to Ireland...

He had been wanted for years on a court warrent for failing to attend court for hare coursing! Also had no licence or insurance! So not only did he have his car taken off him he was also detained all night ready for his trip back down south in the morning to attend court! My mate said he was very polite, saying "it wasn't me sir, why would I lie!" All the way to the nick......

Tedly

Edited by Tedly47

So, if you happened to stumble across an unattended four by four or Transit van in a gateway / on the verge and whilst walking to it to investigate you tripped, causing your finger to catch the trigger of the loaded rifle you were carrying, which in turn accidentally put a bullet through the bottom of the radiator and into the timing case of said 4x4, would the police bother to investigate? Would anyone in fact report it?

Yeah, yeah, I know, loaded rifle etc etc. It's just a hypothetical question.

So, if you happened to stumble across an unattended four by four or Transit van in a gateway / on the verge and whilst walking to it to investigate you tripped, causing your finger to catch the trigger of the loaded rifle you were carrying, which in turn accidentally put a bullet through the bottom of the radiator and into the timing case of said 4x4, would the police bother to investigate? Would anyone in fact report it?

Yeah, yeah, I know, loaded rifle etc etc. It's just a hypothetical question.

Now that would be really bad luck..

As tempting as it is to let down the vehicle tyres, it's actually classed as criminal damage! However getting under the car and ripping the guts out from underneath would appear like they drove over exposed rocks!

Having said that, their offence is classed as Tresspass on land in pursuit of Game, difference is, if they make back to the vehicle and leave the scene prior to the arrival of the Police, then it is simply No Further Action !