FINDHORN !!!!! COME ON VOTE.

TONY R

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

Update

A mediated meeting took place at the Headquarters of The Moray Council on 8 June 2016 between the parties:

Martin Gauld and Peter Boulton, representing the interests of those who engage in wildfowl shooting at Findhorn Bay, and;

Lisa Mead and Louis Bezuidenhout, representing the interests of those desiring curtailment / containment of wildfowl shooting at Findhorn

bay.

Also present were observers/advisers:

Councillors John Cowe and Anne Skene, Mr Pat Carroll and Mr Roy Dennis, both of Findhorn, and;

Mediators/facilitators, Martin Kirwan and Glen Dunn, both officers of the Moray Council.

As a result of the respectful, patient and constructive participation of all parties, and the invaluable advice and perspectives of the observers and advisers, an agreement was built. This is summarised below.

The previous No shooting zone was all places North of the line which runs from the boat house/jetty (Point A on attached map) directly eastward to the other side of the bay.

The agreement

The new agreed No shooting areas are as below.

On Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays:

there will be no shooting at any time North and East of Line 1 which runs from Point A to Point B on the attached map. This includes that land on the North side of the caravan park burn. (That is, all places North & East of Line 1 as if continued overland.)

On Mondays and Tuesdays:

there will be no shooting at any time North and East of Line 2, which runs from Point A to Point C on attached map. This includes no shooting from/on all places North & East of Line 2 as if continued overland.

On all 6 shooting days

No shooting generally in the east of the bay after 10.00 am and certainly no shooting after 10.00 am North and East of Line 2 as if continued overland.

Page 1 of 3

Martin and Peter will communicate with all shooting participants with whom they have influence to encourage that those people respect and implement this agreement. Where possible club rules, codes, etc. to reflect this agreement.

Martin and Peter will encourage all shooting participants to exhibit that safe and considerate behaviour that the substantial majority already practise.

Lisa and Louis will communicate with their supporters and encourage them to respect and implement this agreement. Lisa and Louis will request their supporters to refrain from harassing or impeding shooting participants while those engage in their lawful sport. This term of the agreement should not be interpreted as any kind of assertion or acknowledgement that such harassment has, to date, taken place.

Lisa and Louis will withdraw their petition for the duration of this agreement.

This agreement will run for the whole of the 2016/2017 shooting season. This agreement was achieved by:

Martin and Peter agreeing to very substantially curtail the shooting in which they currently lawfully engage in Findhorn, and;

Lisa and Louis agreeing to very substantially moderate their pursuit of their legitimate objectives regarding the regulation of shooting in

Findhorn.

Other matters

This agreement implies some further work (regarding for example signage, public notices) and further agreement as to how the agreement should be protected / monitored.

The map

Point A is OS Grid Ref. NJ 03275 63512) Point B is OS Grid Ref. NJ 05525 62352) Point C is OS Grid Ref. NJ 05575 61650

There is a picture of voluntary areas - however m struggling to upload it, if anyone wishes to see it message me and il email attachment to you

Well at least its not banned completely on the bay. I think hunters are going to have to play by the rules here though or things could get ugly again fast.

Findhorn is local to me, and although close I rarely shoot it (a couple times a season as a change, late season when the crowds have got bored and dispersed)

I signed the petition and am glad with the outcome of the past few months troubles...

I do however feel that it will get ugly in the not too distant future!

Fingers crossed it is never completely lost to those who dont understand our way of life

Oh there will be trouble the antis will be claiming boundry infingements and further attrocities by the dozen, not a case of if but when they bring it up.

It is not complicated what the council want us to do, but make sure you are sure of your locations, and personaly i will make a point of never going alone on there again.

We as responsible wildfowlers need to stay within the rules imposed and ensure we keep the right to shoot this fantastic venue.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I am in agreement with a permit system but not on dividing the bay into shooting and no shooting areas.

As far as am concerned our local eco terrorist Lisa Mead and the Louis can say what they want but I have shot the bay for years, my father and my grandfather have too so my area of shooting remains as it was and in fact I may even go back to areas I shot 30 years ago to prove a point !!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3MyUhNSvRQ

Sorry I am in agreement with a permit system but not on dividing the bay into shooting and no shooting areas.

As far as am concerned our local eco terrorist Lisa Mead and the Louis can say what they want but I have shot the bay for years, my father and my grandfather have too so my area of shooting remains as it was and in fact I may even go back to areas I shot 30 years ago to prove a point !!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3MyUhNSvRQ

So after all your calls for support you are now going to do your best to stuff it up for all the others that want to shoot the bay ?

If you choose to ignore the agreement then no doubt all the fowlers will be getting tarred with the same brush.

As you will of gathered I am not happy with not being able to go and shoot the bay when and and where ever I want.

For years the bay has been getting more and more well known and has attracted a lot of shooters from all over. Hand in hand with this has been an increase in nutters

who have no idea what they are doing and have just upset local users. I get on with all users of the bay and if required have offered advise but a small number will not listen and just do what they like. These are the people that have spoiled it and played into the local eco nutters hands.

I WILL be following local guide lines to the letter and will make sure I am squeaky clean in all aspects of my shooting but will not turn the other cheek as done before when challenged by the local eco nutters and WILL be staying within the law (unlike them).

Regards my comment above about shooting areas I used to 30 years ago, even with the intended change in the shooting areas and days, these fall on the correct side of the line but I stopped shooting them myself as a matter of courtesy to other bay users.

I appreciate what you are saying but I will not be "stuffing it up" for myself or other shooters.

I will how ever be defending our cause more than I have ever done before.

Edited by Local lad

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QM8s_kjn1wQ

If you look at the GUIDE drawn up by and pushed by the local eco nutters it is plane to see that I was correct all along.

The two main protagonists have got just what they selfishly wanted by hijacking a anti shooting campaign as there weapon of choice.

The Kinloss eco nutter wanted the foreshore in front of house as his own private shooting free zone and the Findhorn nutter a way of promoting the area next to the F. Foundation as tranquil area and I am sure will soon milk that financially in there sad on line videos promoting the blot on the area.

Edited by Local lad

Folks, I would just like to say a MASSIVE thank you. I was the one that ran the petition for the Findhorn and only just started on this forum and seen all of your posts, comments and signatures for the petition. Humbled by all the help youse all gave.

Thank you

Folks, I would just like to say a MASSIVE thank you. I was the one that ran the petition for the Findhorn and only just started on this forum and seen all of your posts, comments and signatures for the petition. Humbled by all the help youse all gave.

Thank you

It should be us thanking you for all the time you spent on this, the meetings etc. Standing up for fellow wildfowlers and making sure we kept some shooting on the bay! Well done Martin, a true fowler in every way, proven to many its not just about pulling the trigger!

I doth my cap to you as many others do and I will see you this season to shake your hand and personally thankyou for standing up for us.

Atb

Joe

Thank you

Totally agree with Aberfowl

It's everyone who should be thanking you for getting the petition organised and getting everyones awareness and signatures.

We need to all stand together and help safeguard all our shooting areas as once they are lost they are lost forever.

You should send the maps and agreements to Basc nationally and get it on their web pages for all areas . Also try and get it to all wildfowling clubs around Britain. The more people who shoot the bay within the terms of the agreement the better.

Have a great season on the Findhorn.

Thank you

Flippin eck Martin, is that your Sunday voice? I didnt recognise you :lol:

Its you that has led the campaign and done a great job for the shooters of Findhorn Bay :good:

Na come on, back to the Cabrach lingo. :lol::lol: