Which 12g press is the best.

Genuine question.......why do you want a high volume progressive press for loading for 10 Bore? The only reason I can think of for owning a progressive press is for high volume reloading such as clay reloads and this mainly for 12 Bore!

I also think the P&W 375 is the best made single stage press I have ever used!

I load and use of 10 bore 4 others in my family use them plus i load for a few close friends, i can be loading for a long time and it gets labourious. If i could get a spolar 10 i am sure it would make life easier certainly for one certain steel load i load a lot of, i could set it up for that load and keep the mec 10 i load on now, for the various other loads and life would be nice then.

I have a near new 375 possy i load 20s on and have thought about buying a ten kit for it, but i have plenty of room for presses so i just keep using the mec. Good presses though the pw 375 i would buy another in a heartbeat. Anybody got one? Hey! is it in ten? :lol:

Hi Guys

I will only be loading 12g stuff. I have seen the spooler presses they do look fancie but out of my price range.

I have a friend of a friend whoe is willing to sell me a MEC 650 with a few extra bits. Its in good condition, comes with 4 charge bars and 12 powder bushes. 4 bottles for powder and shot, a catch tray and the resizing die.

What sort of price would this kit be worth.

Its a 650 not the 650N so has the older smaller primer tray.

Hi Guys

I will only be loading 12g stuff. I have seen the spooler presses they do look fancie but out of my price range.

I have a friend of a friend whoe is willing to sell me a MEC 650 with a few extra bits. Its in good condition, comes with 4 charge bars and 12 powder bushes. 4 bottles for powder and shot, a catch tray and the resizing die.

What sort of price would this kit be worth.

Its a 650 not the 650N so has the older smaller primer tray.

New 650n is about 250 pounds without shiping in the states, the fact its the old model knocks some off in my opinion, so if your getting it for half price 125 and the fact its over here dont supose that would be bad for an old model. But thats if you just cant live without it.

Cheap presses are out there but finding them is often a slow proses.

I,m hoping to bring a couple of presses back from the States in September, probably P/W 375,s . I want one in 28g the other could be whatever. I might try to look out for a 10g. My pal over there attends a lot of "estate" sales, and loaders come up occasionally. Usually, it,s the excess bagage charge that spoils things, but this time I have a deal with the airline where I fly back First class, so get a large amount of extra bagage weight (and no, I,ve not won the lottery, just dropped on lucky when they were looking to fill up an unpopular flight........)

New 650n is about 250 pounds without shiping in the states, the fact its the old model knocks some off in my opinion, so if your getting it for half price 125 and the fact its over here dont supose that would be bad for an old model. But thats if you just cant live without it.

Cheap presses are out there but finding them is often a slow proses.

The fact it is £250 in the states is irrelevant unfortunately, there are duties and shipping to add to that, In the UK your talking £300+ for the MEC 650. Plus extra for the bars and bushes and spare bottles etc, I think a fair price second hand and in good nick with the bars, bushes (which are extras) etc would be between £200 to £250

The fact it is £250 in the states is irrelevant unfortunately, there are duties and shipping to add to that, In the UK your talking £300+ for the MEC 650. Plus extra for the bars and bushes and spare bottles etc, I think a fair price second hand and in good nick with the bars, bushes (which are extras) etc would be between £200 to £250

Yes and i took all that into account, i think 200 to 250 is very strong money for a used old model 650, but thats my opinion.

I get more presses now from the states off craigslist and ebay, contact the seller see if they will ship them some wont some will i have been quite lucky only missed a old model 375 12 bore once when the seller did not want to ship.

Edited by TONY R

• 4 weeks later...

Craigslist are advising sellers NOT to ship, but only to sell locally.....so it,s getting harder to buy from the States. Ebay machines are making good money these days, as the U.S economy picks up, so with the price comes a hefty shipping cost, and then VAT and import duty.............If the £ was to strengthen considerably, or the dollar to fall, then it would be viable to buy used machines from America.....Until then , look around here, you might get lucky!

Craigslist are advising sellers NOT to ship, but only to sell locally.....so it,s getting harder to buy from the States. Ebay machines are making good money these days, as the U.S economy picks up, so with the price comes a hefty shipping cost, and then VAT and import duty.............If the £ was to strengthen considerably, or the dollar to fall, then it would be viable to buy used machines from America.....Until then , look around here, you might get lucky!

Just got a used but mint condition MEC Sizemaster for $100 inc. shipping within the US. Getting a friend to send it over.

Latest package from him landed at Heathrow today....weight almost 15lb & cost $80 to ship.

Even if the Sizemaster costs the same to send, it'll be way less than the UK RRP on these presses of £300 - £380 (depending on stockist)

Don't dismiss the USA as a source

BUT

Don't forget to look elsewhere too: Europe is a big place & they have a bigger %age of the population that shoot....so ebay Germany & ebay France may repay time spent....there's a nice French press called the Thalson that I hope to add to the collection one day.

A Ponsness Warren 375 20-ga conversion kit is top of the shopping list beforehand though.

Just got a used but mint condition MEC Sizemaster for $100 inc. shipping within the US. Getting a friend to send it over.

Latest package from him landed at Heathrow today....weight almost 15lb & cost $80 to ship.

Even if the Sizemaster costs the same to send, it'll be way less than the UK RRP on these presses of £300 - £380 (depending on stockist)

Don't dismiss the USA as a source

BUT

Don't forget to look elsewhere too: Europe is a big place & they have a bigger %age of the population that shoot....so ebay Germany & ebay France may repay time spent....there's a nice French press called the Thalson that I hope to add to the collection one day.

A Ponsness Warren 375 20-ga conversion kit is top of the shopping list beforehand though.

I might have a kit somewhere in my spares. I,ll take a look.

• 7 months later...

The PW375 has been around for a very long time and back in the 70s I loaded thousands of practise shells for our clay team with one and never had a problem. If I was looking for a machine which would load faster than the 600 mec I have at the moment then the PW375 would be it. UNLESS I was aiming to be in very high production mode, then the skies the limit really.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...