hide chair

When I came home after having my leg and ankle plated a screwed back together, I was kitted out with a 'Perching Stool'. Similar to the things that women use when ironing. Just enough to take the weight off your legs, but tall enough to stand quickly. Shooting sticks have been about for a long time, of course.

carp chair would be to low IMHO, as others have said something high just to rest back on when its quiet that keeps your head below the net but easy to stand and shoot from.

we have a swivel bar stool type seat here but its to heavy to cart around steal base on it. was thinking of making one that folds flat and the right height

I have been using the folding type with the bag slung underneath, they have a swivel seat although the backrest is fixed. They retail around £35 although I gave £20 for mine as I was leaving the Midland Game Fair at around 5.30pm. and told the Guy that he would not have to fold and pack it. It has a carrying strap, but is not the lightest of seats. It does need to be reasonably level but it does not sink in on soft ground. I have found that a small garden trowel is enough to level the ground to make the seat comfortable. I find the zipped bag underneath handy to carry tent pegs, twine and plastic garden clips for the hide netting, also a small pair of secateurs for cutting the annoying branches that seem to stick in your neck. I found the backrest a bit too far back but 2 small wood blocks taped to the base of the backrest, sorted that one. I weigh around 14 stone and the seat has been knocked about a bit but has stood up well and is still standing. I will be adding some thicker foam to the seat, but otherwise, it works for me. I shoot both sitting and standing and the seat is easy to rise from, in order to shoot.

Always looked at the Spinning top sort, anybody have Experience of this type of seat?.

I have got one with a swivel seat , backrest and fold up , the plus side is the height , so those who like standing when taking a shot haven't got to get up from a low level , your body can also move round with the pigeon instead of being rigged in chair or on a stool.

The downside to me is the weight , if I have got to carry my gear I take one of my lighter seats but if I can drive to the chosen spot then I will take the swivel seat ,

P S ......... Just seen Westleys post above and we might be posting about the same seat , I also weigh about the same as Westley and like he say you do need a cushion on top if your there for a few hours as the wood underneath the swivel pad start playing your back side up a bit.

i now use a aluminium directors chair about £20 on ebay,very light to carry but had to lengthen legs by about 3 inch make it easier to get up,, but bear in mind i do have a artificial left leg, so might be ok for more able bodied,

If you want to go down the carp chair route have a look at the Fox Warrior compact chair I have not used it but my mate has one that he attaches to his ruck sack, it looks comfortable is a little higher than other carp chair and has the mud feet you want, he has not had it long and time will tell, but they are about £44.

I checked out some fishing chairs before buying my current shooting chair and unless sitting on the front edge of the chair, it was difficult to get to my feet quickly enough to shoot. This was due solely to the rake of the seat section, the back being lower than the front. Can I suggest you try some fishing seats BEFORE buying, just in case you encounter the same problem.

I use folding bar stools from "RANGE" about £7.50 each, tall enough to make it easy to rise from, very light to carry ,and most importantly "do the business" :good:

had a quick look on range web site nothing on there in that price range.

if you see them online could you pop a link up please.

cheers

had a quick look on range web site nothing on there in that price range.

if you see them online could you pop a link up please.

cheers

I will drop into my tomorrow for you and get back to you..

Would you believe it? I have a stool at the side of me for when my grand kids want to use the computer.

Item number 712293

I will still have a look tomorrow.