Need some advise

Deano23uk

A lofter wont hurt. don't set up under the tree. set up about 20 > 30 paces away to the side. in that way you can see the blighters come in and land so you can shoot them. if you set up underneath you wont always see them and when you move to see them they will fly out the other side. I use 6's in one barrel for when they are flying in and 5's in the other barrel if they are sitting. i've found that for some reason if I shoot them with 6's when they are sitting they often fly off although heavily hit but 5's seem to drop them on the spot.

You are unlikely to have much success roost shooting sitty tree's , the pigeon will have favoured roost woods.

Sitty trees are generally used to sit and digest food after feeding so you would be betterto set up under them mid morning for a few hours.

You are unlikely to have much success roost shooting sitty tree's , the pigeon will have favoured roost woods.

Sitty trees are generally used to sit and digest food after feeding so you would be betterto set up under them mid morning for a few hours.

ive had some good sport under sitty trees when i was young with my first gun (410).................roost shooting is (the clue is in the name)....when birds go back to their favoured wood or spinny to roost for the night.............find out where your birds go to for roosting before dark.....then thats the place to be..

ive had some good sport under sitty trees when i was young with my first gun (410).................roost shooting is (the clue is in the name)....when birds go back to their favoured wood or spinny to roost for the night.............find out where your birds go to for roosting before dark.....then thats the place to be..

I have a lovely sitty tree out the back of my house , I have had some cracking bags over the years shooting under it up to 80+ with the shotgun and one afternoon with the airgun a few years back produced 36 .

I have never seen a pigeon go into that tree to roost though.