Harrington &Richardson guns

welshwizard

I have an old H&R .410 from early 1900 and it's been a really good reliable gun so when I was looking for another gun this week I looked on their website and really like the look of their Trapper model but can't find a stockist in UK , so anyone got or had one of their new models and if so opinions please and where did you get it ?

I know of an old 1916? Model that may be coming up for sale shortly

My H&R is one of the 10-ga 36" barrel jobs!

Great guns but the recoil pad is well past it's best & having zero luck finding UK spares.

Wrote to the factory & no reply - they are still set up in the 1900's as they don't have e-mail contact info!!

I know of an old 1916? Model that may be coming up for sale shortly

My H&R is one of the 10-ga 36" barrel jobs!

Great guns but the recoil pad is well past it's best & having zero luck finding UK spares.

Wrote to the factory & no reply - they are still set up in the 1900's as they don't have e-mail contact info!!

There will be one in a spares box under a bench somewhere.

Post a picture of your stock with the current recoil pad.

There will be one in a spares box under a bench somewhere.

Post a picture of your stock with the current recoil pad.

Will do - but running late right now

Should have been 100+ miles from here about 90 minutes ago, but one of the dogs needed an emergency vet visit!

The pad has T-shaped vents/slots on the sides....I think...or is it ovals?

Will dig it out later & add a photo

Been trying to find a new forend wood too - Ultra Slug Hunter size as the normal 12-ga one is far too thin.

Nobody bought one of their latest models then ?

Someone on here has their rebadged "AAC" .300 Blackout single shot.

A very compact package.

My 10-bore 176 is relatively modern/still catalogued.....which reminds me I've not taken photos of the recoil pad yet!

• 3 weeks later...

Haven't had any luck sourcing this topper deluxe classic , looks a good well made gun to last a lifetime but Marlin dealers don't seem to stock them and would like to have seen and handled one .

Link here -

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=h%26r+topper+deluxe+classic&oq=h%26r+trapper+delux&aqs=chrome.2.69i57j0l2.17664j0j4&client=tablet-android-lenovo&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#imgrc=SiORSX7z9BJQiM%3A

I have an old H&R .410 from early 1900 ...

Just out of interest, how does your H&R come apart? My first shotgun was a .410 where the forend was screwed to the barrel. To dismantle that gun you lifted a tab, and then the hinge pin could be turned through 90 degrees and pulled out. Very quick and easy.

In appearance it was a miniature version of any conventional 12g single, with top lever opening and a straight hammer. To my eyes, a much better looking gun than the common Belgian .410 folding type with its side lever, a hammer cranked over to one side, and a big lump projecting downwards for the hinge -- those were just for poachers. The little H&R was a source of pride for me, as an eleven year old back in the mid-1950s.

• 4 weeks later...

Well after a lot os searching and phone calls I tracked one down its not the deluxe with raised rib but a "Topper Classic " from TMorris guns in Leominster collected it yesterday so not had time to try it yet but it is a really well built gun with colour hardened action and nice blueing , light and handy ejector hammer gun .

All I want now is a moderator to fit it .

Tried to upload photos but getting message - files too big !

Edited by welshwizard