AL391 Extrema

Richie10

I think you have the better gun myself like the mk 1 better, feels to ballance better for me, the MK2s feel pokey less lively to me.

Dont see the need for the kick off option some like it and it does work mk 2 i used had it, , but you just dont need it mk1s are soft shooters anyway.

Think the mk1s seem a better finished gun opperation seems smoother . MK1s feel a bigger gun somehow but physicaly there is not much in it when you put them side by side. I do not have an extrema but have used both models before regularly, i know which i prefer, i think you are picking up the better gun but each to his own. .

I think you have the better gun myself like the mk 1 better, feels to ballance better for me, the MK2s feel pokey less lively to me.

Dont see the need for the kick off option some like it and it does work mk 2 i used had it, , but you just dont need it mk1s are soft shooters anyway.

Think the mk1s seem a better finished gun opperation seems smoother . MK1s feel a bigger gun somehow but physicaly there is not much in it when you put them side by side. I do not have an extrema but have used both models before regularly, i know which i prefer, i think you are picking up the better gun but each to his own. .

Thanks for the input. I shoot a maxus comfortably now but thought I would try a heavier gun. Seems to fit me so I will give it a go.

There is no way a maxus is lower felt recoil! I sold my maxus as the as it was to light and the recoil was excessive

1) the Xtrema is heavier

2) the xtrema has a kick off system

3) the xtrema has an internal mass damper that offsets the secondary recoil of the bolt

Not all the xtrema's have the kick off though

There is no way a maxus is lower felt recoil! I sold my maxus as the as it was to light and the recoil was excessive

1) the Xtrema is heavier

3) the xtrema has an internal mass damper that offsets the secondary recoil of the bolt

Personally I hardly feel the recoil with the Maxus, that's with all loads.

I guess the Extrema will be even less.

I like my Xtrema a lot. I have had mine around 7 years now, and it is very reliable. If it starts to fail, I change the mag spring. It doesn't require much maintenance to keep it going. I would buy another.

Thanks.

1) the Xtrema is heavier

Mk1 extrema which is what richie is picking up soon, is not kick off system that was only on the mk2s and believe it was as an option not standard..

Lowest felt recoil in a curent semi auto is the versamax then its a moot point from then on i personaly think the MP153 is prety low even without any kick off style system, Then its an open debate i think the maxus is very soft shooting for the weight same can be said for the winchesters 2 and 3 . To be honest felt recoil in any of these semis is very much secondary issue unless small childeren or infirm adults are involved.

Mk1 extrema which is what richie is picking up soon, is not kick off system that was only on the mk2s and believe it was as an option not standard..

Lowest felt recoil in a curent semi auto is the versamax then its a moot point from then on i personaly think the MP153 is prety low even without any kick off style system, Then its an open debate i think the maxus is very soft shooting for the weight same can be said for the winchesters 2 and 3 . To be honest felt recoil in any of these semis is very much secondary issue unless small childeren or infirm adults are involved.

A400? twin recoil reducers softer than all of those, and yes i have tried and owned most of the above .

the sx3 and maxus were much a muchness to me!

I'm not sure I'd agree that my versamax recoil less than my xtrema2 though! I think the Xtrema2 takes some beating, and it's on comparison to my friends A400 Xtrema, I would like to buy an A400 Xtrema but they are to heavy at the front of the gun and feel like a fence post compared with the xtrema2. One thing that is really disappointing is the A350 xtrema doesn't have the same mass damper system as the A400 or Xtrema2, that's why it's cheaper, which is a shame as it could have been the best gun out of them all!

I say my mp153 was like for like with my sx3, but only as the sx3 fits me marginally better!

I am sensitive to recoil as I dislocated my shoulder and damaged my accessory nerve! So it is important to me!

If I have any advice it's to avoid baikal if you want a long term gun, parts are non existent for them

the sx3 and maxus were much a muchness to me!

I'm not sure I'd agree that my versamax recoil less than my xtrema2 though! I think the Xtrema2 takes some beating, and it's on comparison to my friends A400 Xtrema, I would like to buy an A400 Xtrema but they are to heavy at the front of the gun and feel like a fence post compared with the xtrema2. One thing that is really disappointing is the A350 xtrema doesn't have the same mass damper system as the A400 or Xtrema2, that's why it's cheaper, which is a shame as it could have been the best gun out of them all!

I say my mp153 was like for like with my sx3, but only as the sx3 fits me marginally better!

I am sensitive to recoil as I dislocated my shoulder and damaged my accessory nerve! So it is important to me!

If I have any advice it's to avoid baikal if you want a long term gun, parts are non existent for them

Sportsman are bringing in Baikal now apparently, might be better at getting parts from izhevsk than york guns were. Not needed any parts for mine in 11 years, can not say that about a lot of more expensive semi autos i have owned i would buy another.

Never fired an A400 But it will have to be soft to beat the versamax.

I do love my Versamax , a little agricultural in some respects but it just keeps churning out the empties and reloading without the slightest hiccup , three seasons use by me now without a jam both wildfowling and pigeon shooting.

As you say a soft shooting gun too.

Yep must say of all the guns ive used semi autos anyway, The versamax and MP153 have impressed me the most in the newer generation stuff. In older guns Original version of the Browning / FN auto 5 in magnum and the steel actioned Browning B80s not seen anything to touch them, only one we are short of here is a versamax and i will get one eventualy.

Its acction speed is fast nice trigger crisp it is almost like a top end italian sportster not a down in the mud creek mongrel. The gas system is super reliable they are handy weight a lot lighter than they look, i like them was gutted when i had to give the one i borrowed back. :lol: :lol:

Tony I have been trying to get a part for my baikal via sportsmanship for 8 months, sportsmanship said they have sent 6 emails to ivhevsk about my gun and various others and not had one reply. Evgeny Spiridonov hunting guns brand director said the mp153 is to be discontinued and spare parts are no longer in production

Tony I have been trying to get a part for my baikal via sportsmanship for 8 months, sportsmanship said they have sent 6 emails to ivhevsk about my gun and various others and not had one reply. Evgeny Spiridonov hunting guns brand director said the mp153 is to be discontinued and spare parts are no longer in production

What part do you need for it. ?

MP153_Part_list_zpseshkvrke.jpg

MP153PL_zpsgxlxnu94.jpg

Edited by TONY R