Müller Chokes

Cled01

The muller waterfowl chokes marked decoy are 5/8th and won't split like the Aluminum clay chokes

What do mean split!!!! Never they are coated in some speshul magic bean stuff harder than superman and tha aluminium is straight outa space :lol:

They do throw a nice pattern with most carts. Steel version in 5/8ths would be a cracking choke just over half and forgiving enough.

i had a U3 split from end to end last month , it was only 2 months old .

Thats nothing , I brought a choke and it had a hole all the way through :lol:

Seriously though I know some rate them but I would be uneasy about having a choke made of Aluminium how ever good the coating was suppose to be.

yes it was replaced no problem , i just lost confidense in them , shame i dont well with them .

You been celebrating with a few beers Stevo ?

Guest stevo

I will say that over the past four months I know two other shooters at my club that had the same problem

haha as it happens fenboy I do have a large glass of rose ,

I will say that over the past four months I know two other shooters at my club that had the same problem

Someone on here posted about a split one a while ago , seem the customer service is up to scratch but you should not need it if the product is up to scratch .

Want there a issue with the mullers on beretta's?

anyway i use them and get on ok with them. i use u1 and 2.

the u1 will still break a high bird of the 120 ft tower at sporting targets and will also cover the close stuff.

same old thing when your on them does matter what choke you have in there it will break

Want there a issue with the mullers on beretta's?

anyway i use them and get on ok with them. i use u1 and 2.

the u1 will still break a high bird of the 120 ft tower at sporting targets and will also cover the close stuff.

same old thing when your on them does matter what choke you have in there it will break

Berettas and to a lesser extent benellis use the top thread choke system, if this is remotly or otherwise responsible in any way to some choke tubes giving issues is open to some debate.

But a few aftermarket choke tube manufacturers have had issues with these choke tubes, berettas do seem to be the worst offenders, and jeff hagar of SRM manufacturer of the Terror waterfowl chokes recognised descrepencies in the tolewrances of the choke threads in Berettas before the melenium so its not a recent thing.

Not sure about mullers but given the nature of the muller chokes and sloppy size toillerrances in Berettas i can imagine they might give trouble in some guns.

Hagar at one time wanted corocasts of the choke tubes so he could make a tube that would fit the gun properly and perform without issues. This will not show up in normal chokes but start moving away from the norm and running super tight constrictions or different construction in chokes you are not guaranteed to have problems, but there is the ever pressent risk with Berettas and as i said to a lesser extent Benellis.

Be that as it may, if there is a problem with barrel machining tolerances known by a choke manufacturer such that a proportion of their chokes may fail then who's fault is it when it happens? Both in the US and seemingly here too, the makers point the finger at Beretta, even to the extent of publishing a picture of an allegedly near new original Beretta Optima choke which was split. Quite how that would justify the long standing reports of failed Mullers escapes me, particularly since the Beretta choke pictured had a build up of carbon indictating that it was not only far from new but had been used extensively when not fully tightened down.

I don't buy the story that it's Beretta's fault. If you know there's a problem and you can't fix it, your product is not suitable to be sold.

Edited by Westward

Be that as it may, if there is a problem with barrel machining tolerances known by a choke manufacturer such that a proportion of their chokes may fail then who's fault is it when it happens? Both in the US and seemingly here too, the makers point the finger at Beretta, even to the extent of publishing a picture of an allegedly near new original Beretta Optima choke which was split. Quite how that would justify the long standing reports of failed Mullers escapes me, particularly since the Beretta choke pictured had a build up of carbon indictating that it was not only far from new but had been used extensively when not fully tightened down.

I don't buy the story that it's Beretta's fault. If you know there's a problem and you can't fix it, your product is not suitable to be sold.

Terror (Hagar /SRM) recognised this after persavering for in my opinion far too long with Berettas poor quality control broad tolerance spec call it what you want,. and now dont make chokes for some berettas anymore. AFAIK! Watch this space Jimmy Muller may end up doing just the same. But thats his call no body elses, thats if its a significant problem in the first place again his call.

In blue straigh from FAQs SRM site.

Q. I’ve heard that the Terror Tubes have a tendency to ‘bulge’ in the barrel. Why is that?

A. The Benelli/Beretta chokes, (all styles), are the most prone to bulging issues. They are very thin and the barrels are usually cut oversized in the choke body area. The choke can only deform into clearance provided by an oversize barrel. The choke will not bulge the barrel. A bulged choke will always come out of the barrel. A rusted choke is much worse. That usually requires machining to get them out.

Edited by TONY R

I was shooting U2 top and bottom in my F3 Supersport until one of them split at the West London Premier League shoot.

To be honest I've lost confidence and am not using the Briley chokes that were supplied with the gun and purchased additional 1/4, 1/2, and 3/4 chokes and if anything I'm getting better breaks.