Müller Chokes

Cled01

There is lots all over the Internet, all spilt from end to end like the one above! We work with some aluminum and it has a chemical treatment that makes it allot like case hardened steel, but very brital it cracks dead easy, I wonder if this is how the mullars are made!

The clay chokes are rated for 7.5 shot only which makes me wonder if folk aren't pushing the boundarys!

The terror chokes above usually end up bulged in every one I've seen due to people exceeding the manufacturers stated parameters!

Johnnyoftheboy Muller must have changed the shot sizes as you could use shot upto three or fours in them in the past. In clayshooting you can use six shot so mullers are not going to cut it anymore

Edited by figgy

• 2 weeks later...

Had a U2 in a 391 for last 3 years with countless rounds through it and no bother. Also a 692 with a set of mullers and can't complain.

I've put at least 500 32g size 6's through the 391 with Miller installed to no ill effects.

Would I buy them again......... Don't know, maybe, maybe not.

Personally can't tell any difference between I/C or U2 on the 692 but U2 compared to I\C in the 391 is noticably tighter. But I find that Optima HP does pattern tighter compared to Optima chokes.

Edited by a303

Guest stevo

i have to say that muller chokes throw some of the best patterns i have ever seen , on both pattern plate and in use on clays , they are truly fantastic , if the splitting problems could be rsolved i would replace everyone of my chokes for mullers! maybe if they were made from pure Titanium it would address the issues .

also Nicky T is a true gent , when i had a problem it was sorted within a few days , the mans word is solid gold .

• 2 weeks later...

The shot wouldn't spread so quickly that it would ever hit the other choke.

It always amazes me that both shot and wad make it through the gap between the end of the barrel and the start of the chamber in my Hushpower aftermarket slip on moderator.

Edited by Glenlivet