All I need.....

Hi all, been doing a lot of roost shooting but now want to start decoy shooting. So far I've priced up from A1 Decoy:

12 x pigeon shells

4 x hide poles

5x1.5 metre stealth ghost net

2 x bouncers

So apart from the above what other stuff do you consider essential to get me out in the field? Not worried about hide chairs etc.

Thanks in advance,

Jim

Edited by Jimmymature

I would get another net of some type , the stealth nets are not ideal on their own as they are a little too see through for my liking .

If you need a hide in the open 5m is a little on the small side too , I usually carry around 15m of netting.

I would get another net of some type , the stealth nets are not ideal on their own as they are a little too see through for my liking .

If you need a hide in the open 5m is a little on the small side too , I usually carry around 15m of netting.

Agreed, and at 1.5m the net is not deep enough particularly if you intend to stand in the hide.

Thanks gents, any recommendations on net manufacturers? Looked and most seem to do #x1.5metres, surely if I'm sitting down 1.5metres is fine?

Would Jack Pyke Clear Through be better from a visibility point of view?

Thanks again,

Jim

Edited by Jimmymature

Thanks gents, any recommendations on net manufacturers? Looked and most seem to do #x1.5metres, surely if I'm sitting down 1.5metres is fine?

Would Jack Pyke Clear Through be better from a visibility point of view?

Thanks again,

Jim

No the clear view will be even worse on its own , either get a clear view or stealth and have on the inside with something like this

on top.

net_zpsvipylu9k.png

I have always managed with 1.5m high for shooting standing so you will be fine if sitting.

No the clear view will be even worse on its own , either get a clear view or stealth and have on the inside with something like this

on top.

//<![CDATA[

(function(){var g=this,h=function(b,d){var a=b.split("."),c=g;a[0]in c||!c.execScript||c.execScript("var "+a[0]);for(var e;a.length&&(e=a.shift());)a.length||void 0===d?c[e]?c=c[e]:c=c[e]={}:c[e]=d};var l=function(b){var d=b.length;if(0<d){for(var a=Array(d),c=0;c<d;c++)a[c]=b[c];return a}return[]};var m=function(b){var d=window;if(d.addEventListener)d.addEventListener("load",b,!1);else if(d.attachEvent)d.attachEvent("onload",b);else{var a=d.onload;d.onload=function(){b.call(this);a&&a.call(this)}}};var n,p=function(b,d,a,c,e){this.f=b;this.h=d;this.i=a;this.c=e;this.e={height:window.innerHeight||document.documentElement.clientHeight||document.body.clientHeight,width:window.innerWidth||document.documentElement.clientWidth||document.body.clientWidth};this.g=c;this.b={};this.a=[];this.d={}},q=function(b,d){var a,c,e=d.getAttribute("pagespeed_url_hash");if(a=e&&!(e in b.d))if(0>=d.offsetWidth&&0>=d.offsetHeight)a=!1;else{c=d.getBoundingClientRect();var f=document.body;a=c.top+("pageYOffset"in window?window.pageYOffset:(document.documentElement||f.parentNode||f).scrollTop);c=c.left+("pageXOffset"in window?window.pageXOffset:(document.documentElement||f.parentNode||f).scrollLeft);f=a.toString()+","+c;b.b.hasOwnProperty(f)?a=!1:(b.b[f]=!0,a=a<=b.e.height&&c<=b.e.width)}a&&(b.a.push(e),b.d[e]=!0)};p.prototype.checkImageForCriticality=function(b){b.getBoundingClientRect&&q(this,b)};h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.checkImageForCriticality",function(b){n.checkImageForCriticality(b)});h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.checkCriticalImages",function(){r(n)});var r=function(b){b.b={};for(var d=["IMG","INPUT"],a=[],c=0;c<d.length;++c)a=a.concat(l(document.getElementsByTagName(d[c])));if(0!=a.length&&a[0].getBoundingClientRect){for(c=0;d=a[c];++c)q(b,d);a="oh="+b.i;b.c&&(a+="&n="+b.c);if(d=0!=b.a.length)for(a+="&ci="+encodeURIComponent(b.a[0]),c=1;c<b.a.length;++c){var e=","+encodeURIComponent(b.a[c]);131072>=a.length+e.length&&(a+=e)}b.g&&(e="&rd="+encodeURIComponent(JSON.stringify(s())),131072>=a.length+e.length&&(a+=e),d=!0);t=a;if(d){c=b.f;b=b.h;var f;if(window.XMLHttpRequest)f=new XMLHttpRequest;else if(window.ActiveXObject)try{f=new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.XMLHTTP")}catch(k){try{f=new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP")}catch(u){}}f&&(f.open("POST",c+(-1==c.indexOf("?")?"?":"&")+"url="+encodeURIComponent(b)),f.setRequestHeader("Content-Type","application/x-www-form-urlencoded"),f.send(a))}}},s=function(){var b={},d=document.getElementsByTagName("IMG");if(0==d.length)return{};var a=d[0];if(!("naturalWidth"in a&&"naturalHeight"in a))return{};for(var c=0;a=d[c];++c){var e=a.getAttribute("pagespeed_url_hash");e&&(!(e in b)&&0<a.width&&0<a.height&&0<a.naturalWidth&&0<a.naturalHeight||e in b&&a.width>=b[e].k&&a.height>=b[e].j)&&(b[e]={rw:a.width,rh:a.height,ow:a.naturalWidth,oh:a.naturalHeight})}return b},t="";h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.getBeaconData",function(){return t});h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.Run",function(b,d,a,c,e,f){var k=new p(b,d,a,e,f);n=k;c&&m(function(){window.setTimeout(function(){r(k)},0)})});})();pagespeed.CriticalImages.Run('/mod_pagespeed_beacon','http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/index.php?app=forums&module=ajax&section=topics&do=quote&t=333410&p=3031366&md5check=eb1ccb61995ed208b4c4dec0950e5857&isRte=1,B6nXayd9mu,true,false,SRzn59B-7CA');

//]]>net_zpsvipylu9k.png

I have always managed with 1.5m high for shooting standing so you will be fine if sitting.

Ah I see, I misread the post that didn't like the net I suggested, I though he said you couldn't see out of it!

So are you saying that on top of the stealth camo I'll need more net as its too see-through?

Cheers,

Jim