Thirsk Clay ground

firthbeast

If you would travel to Marne it is possibly the best small ground around this area both on price and target quality. They have a website Marne shooting ground but im not bright enough to be able to do a link thing . from Auntie.

This!! I have had the pleasure of shooting with Auntie at Marne and it was a really friendly place, I must go back once lambing is finished!

You also have warren gill on my doorstep depending on what you are after.

Marne is challenging but fair. There are some right stinkers at thimbleby.

Gone daft has he, there either too easy or stupidly hard for average shooters and if the wind gets hold of them they stay 70 yards out. I've not shot Thimbleby for about six weeks so I don't know what they have on now but have seen I the past.

Most grounds can get a balance to keep all abilities happy, hope Thimbleby mange it.

Edited by figgy

• 2 weeks later...

Thimbleby back to how we like it, getting good reports back. A few weeks ago we had a hard course set due to good prize money on offer.

We have spent the last few weeks gradually getting it back so there is a bit of fun for every body.

Please if you come to shoot at the ground come and let us know what you think, we are allways happy to hear your thoughts good or bad

Thimbleby back to how we like it, getting good reports back. A few weeks ago we had a hard course set due to good prize money on offer.

We have spent the last few weeks gradually getting it back so there is a bit of fun for every body.

Please if you come to shoot at the ground come and let us know what you think, we are allways happy to hear your thoughts good or bad

i don't think a course should set to beat up B&C class shooters it only takes one or two stands to sort the top shots out and I didn't think it needed so many sim pairs

i don't think a course should set to beat up B&C class shooters it only takes one or two stands to sort the top shots out and I didn't think it needed so many sim pairs

Didn't shoot the comp and very rarely do shoot any comp so can't comment on the targets.

We've been today and shot the 100 sporting and all but one stand could be taken on report,however stand 1,2,4,5 and 9 were definitely better as sim pairs.Its a lovely ground and they are obviously investing heavily in it,new traps every where.We shot 300 and only 2 no birds.

Top marks all round from me

Fielddweller

Fielddweller

Thanks for that next time your at the ground please come and speak to us its always good to put names to faces thats if you want too of course

on the subject of the comp i did not set the targets on that day but Paul wanted the comp result to be from the clays not a shoot out

Too be fair it was hard but i personnally would rather shoot at targets that i have to work at to hit rather than hitting everyone and learning nothing

The general feed back was good after the event but if any body can please every body well done

Kev