gas ram gas

mightyrover

I have a hw90 that was given to me as knackered. I was told it was a trigger problem but I had it checked by a mate who recons the gas ram has been deflated by a valve at the back of the action. It doesn't feel like anything happens when you try to cock it .does this sound plausible and if so can I get the ram re gassed.

They can be pumped up as the gas inside is just air.Best fittings do a screw on valve and the pump then it just a case of using a Chrono to set the power. Bay be worth asking on somewhere like airgun BBS to see if someone local has one to help you out as the full pump kit is £85.

Link attached

http://www.bestfittings.co.uk/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=238&cat=Slim+Jim+Gas+Ram+Pump

having looked at various options to refill/charge the ram your best bet is look for a used slim Jim pump and fitting for sale.

If yours is a pre HE model you can pump it up with a 12v tyre compressor as they only require around 10 bar.

HE Rams are around 45 bar and need the slim Jim kit.

Edited by figgy

I have a HW 90 which was serviced and then sat in the wardrobe for the last 4 years or so.... I found that the pressure has escaped and it needs to be pumped up, and thats with a new part - so yes its plausible

If you ever find yourself in Newcastle I have a pump and chrono. Your local RFD maybe a more convenient option though!

Edited by peek-at

• 3 weeks later...