Blue (Chutney) Barrels

Evening all,

I am looking to buy a few barrels to replace some feeders around the shoot. I have attachedpost-19962-0-46278100-1459967541_thumb.jpg a picture of what I am looking for and I think they are about 50 liters ish and are sometimes described as mango chutney barrels. In one of the rearing catalogues you can buy some for £9 inc vat but I thought I could pick them up locally for cheaper. Does anyone know of any good places that I can get hold of a few in North Yorkshire? I have tried some food factories but no luck so far. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ed

Edited by Robbo123

Try this fellow who advertises on Facebook, I don't know anything about him though!!

"we are 6 miles away from catton game fair 40lt pheasant feeders kits £12 each, this includes a plain blue barrel with black lid that do not fade in the sun then crack in the frost like the yellow and red lids do (ex food grade), fully treated legs,( all our wooden legs are cut drilled then sent back to the wood merchant to be treated ) bolts to secure legs, spring feeder. We can get upto 36 kits on a pallet,delivery charge is from £60 per pallet or we can deliver upto 200 feeder kits or just barrels in our van from £1.20 per mile one way. Collection is welcome for small or large orders from Unit 8 Occupation Lane, Woodville, Derbyshire DE11 8ET however collection is by appointment only. We also hold a large stock of various sized barrels, from £4 each . 1000ltr IBCs are also currently in stock £40 each (all Barrels and IBCs are ex food grade). Additional spring feeders £2 each. Please call or text me on 07960346302"

Or just Google "blue barrel pheasant feeders" lots of returns

Edited by Brixsmaid

• 1 month later...

Does the world really eat this much chutney?? There must be hundreds of thousands of these on uk shoots.

yes, and every one which is unpainted and still the original blue is a blight on the landscape and does the shooting 'industry' a great disservice.

• 3 weeks later...