Wildfowl Fighting Fund

Guttersnipe

I thought it was obvious that I was referring to other threads critical of BASC, not this one on funding for land acquisition. However I apologise if I did not make myself clear. I would certainly classify some of the things written on this forum in the past as "hurling abuse" at the previous CEO but perhaps my judgement differs from yours. If so I apologise again.

The problem remains : how do we go forward from here to achieve the best result for wildfowling ?

• 2 weeks later...

We had a £30,000 pound loan and interest and repayment free for 1st Year ,try that at local bank !!!!! As to Swift well I will hurl abuse at him for his latest folly over his chairmanship of the LED committee the BAS--------- let us shooters down big time ,and when he saw he was losing he used every trick in the book to get his way even to the extent of submitting his one sided report to the minster with out the vote of his committee ( think I am right in That ? )

I have over the years had a lot of run in with him at BASC AGMs were I was fighting for a fund to be set up were all BASC members paid say £2 on their subs that went direct to a land purchase fund he was against it !!!! My point was then and still is that with now 140,000 + members thats about £280,000 per year with that income one can get hell of a big mortgage to buy land ! Any way it seems if we can get a member or to on to council it might strengthen the arm to get BASC to look at purchase in a different light !

Edited by riptide

I don't see the issue with Kent Wildfowlers ( to whom I have no association) they are just doing what needs to be done today rather than what needed to be done in 1950

Yes some very much smaller clubs will loose when things are up for grabs but look to the larger picture the whole of wildfowling is at risk if we don't get more members of certain ages and I don't actually mean teenagers the twenty five to 35 age band and perhaps some more is missing and there ain't many in the under 50 s to take over

At least Kent offer an opertunity

• 1 month later...

Just to report that at our AGM of the Essex joint Council of Wildfowling Clubs we once again unanimously voted for a sum of £350.00 to be sent to the WHT as a donation ..Some of the Essex clubs have been recipients of funds from the WHT over the years and we feel it right and proper that we put something back .

Riptide