Sheffield Children`s Hospital Charity Shoot

Danger-Mouse

Charity 40 bird Sporting Shoot in aid of Sheffield Children`s Hospital.

Saturday 14th May from 1:30pm @ Sycamore Shooting Ground.

High Gun £150

Ladies and Gents sections

Novice stand

Trophies, prizes,complimentary food and charity raffle back at The Rose and Crown, Wadsley.

Rose and Crown

21 Stour Lane

Sheffield

S6 4BN

01142 233 7920

The pub is looking for sponsors for stands, prizes etc. If you would like to donate anything for the raffle or sponsor a stand, or help in any way please contact the Rose & Crown using the numbers listed.

I`m not sure of the entry fee as yet. I believe either £15 or £20 but as soon as I know I will confirm it here in this thead.

This is an excellent cause so if you can help either by attending or donating then please do so.

Address: Bolsterstone Rd, Sheffield S6 6LJ
Phone:0114 240 1634

Where to find us
ADDRESS:

Sycamore Shooting Grounds / Winchester Shooting Gallery, Bolsterstone Road, Sheffield

BY SAT NAV:

We are located on Bolsterstone Road at the junction with Onesacre Road. The SAT NAV postcode will take you to Kirk Edge Road so you are best to to enter “Bolsterstone Road - junction with Onesacre Road”

FROM SHEFFIELD:
From the A61 / Penistone Road:

Slight left onto Bradfield Rd/A6101
Continue to follow A6101
Go through 1 roundabout travel for 0.8 miles
Turn right onto Loxley Rd/A6101
Turn left onto Loxley New Rd/B6077
Continue to follow B6077 for 2.7 miles
Continue onto Loxley Rd for 1.5 miles
When you see the ‘Old Horns Inn’ and Bradfield Church (St Nicholas) the road forks, continue to drive uphill, on Brown House Lane passing 2 farms
At the fork in the road take the road to the right and then the grounds are around 200 metres further on the left – you will see a green cabin on the hillside

• 4 weeks later...

Just a reminder that this is on next Saturday. Entry fee is £15 with re-entries at £12.

Apart from the High Gun prize of £150 there will also be a pool shoot with a cash prize.

The shoot begins at 1pm and last entries will be 4pm.

Great prize, great cause, come along, all are welcome.

All in all it was a very good shoot. The weather was excellent and whilst we didn`t quite get the turnout we were hoping for it was still a very good day, for a very good cause. I believe there were a total of 63 entries/re-entries.

Apart from one minor malfunction everything ran smoothly and all those I talked to said they`d enjoyed their day. There were a nice variety of targets with some simple shots and a couple of stands that really tested the shooters ability. One stand remained resolutely unconquered and another saw only 3 or 4 shooters clear it. Scores ranged from late teens to high thirties.

The sporting event ended in a 3 way tie on 38/40 and a short shootoff on the pool shoot saw Gavin Helliwell take victory. I`m pleased to say that all 3 shooters had agreed that the prize money would be donated to the hospital whoever won. A very kind gesture by those involved.

The pool shoot went to PW`s own Jordan Grey who shot an impressive 8/10 on 5 very difficult sim pairs.

So many thanks to all those who attended and gave their support whether they were shooters or volunteers.