Storing Rabbits

roadkill

Got a farm shop that will take any rabbits off me i shoot, question is are they ok if i store them overnight in my shed with the guts in and drop them off to the farm shop the next morning, will they be still fine as i would'nt want to risk ruining the meet or making anyone ill?

i hang mine in the garage over night but if it starts getting warmer then i will be skinning them and putting them in my fridge at home till i take them to work, the garage always seems colder than shed think the concrete floor helps, other thing to think off now it's starting to get warmer is flies, hard to keep them away in a shed

colin

They've changed the rules since last year then, it was £1 a rabbit guts in. Same with hares. Mine go to a reptile shop now. £1.50 a rabbit guts in.

Andy

had Peterborough game collect rabbits and pigeons last week..rabbits guts in and frozen..thats how they told me they wanted them.they have been collecting like this of me for around 2 years....

I find some butchers wont even buy them with the fur on, they reckon it gets mashed into the butchers block, gets on everything else and is hard to remove.

i take them in sometimes in the fur but more often than not i skin them at home first, and buying in from game dealer we will only buy dressed same as bird's only oven ready

colin