What air rifle??

Matt in dartmoor

Him all not owned an air rifle since I was maybe 12 ish lol but really thinking about it I'm a 12 bore man really but there is a paddock with my name on it as the hedges are too thick to ferret and its too close to stables with 12 bore can any body halo cheers all Matt.

Oh God predictive txt is barking mad not my spelling lol

Thing is PCP rifles start at about £400, unless you go Chinese or Turkish.

Turkish the Hatsan AT44 or Galatian, if you hunt around both are under £400. However there is a new player on the block and if you hunt around you can get these cheaply, the Victory M22 from SMK.

An interesting beast with plain beech stock, multishot magazine, but made from some interesting materials (titanium air cylinder for example), it is lightweight, good shot count and I have seen them advertised for £325.

Problem is then you need something to get air into the gun, pumps secondhand are about £70, as well as a scope (no sights on the Victory) and mounts.

The alternative is the murky world of secondhand, in which case the usual common sense rules apply, like make sure it actually exists before forking out any money.

• 2 weeks later...