Tips for crow shooting?

HunterFarmer

Practise.

I know that is not very helpful but it is were we all start.

Go out with someone that knows what they are doing.

If you put your location someone might help you out we are a helpful bunch on PW.

With the questions you have been asking it sounds like you could do with a mentor.

Good luck

Edited by bakerboy

I put shot birds on homemade cradles.

I leave them on the floor just make sure they are right side up. Leave a killing ground in the middle of pattern thats an easy drop zone for approaching birds. No deeks looking in your direction and well spaced rather than looking like pigeons at feeding time.

Be where the birds want to be not where you prefer. Sun behind you if you can, make the quarry look at it rather than you. Make sure you don't cast a shadow on the hide nett, black back drop will help. If birds are approaching high half a roof may help and sit back in the hide under it. Leave space between you and the front of the hide to avoid shadow outline. Don't move on approach only when you go to shoot, look with eyes rather than head. Make movement deliberate and timely rather than snappy and rushed. Try to be as in the hedge line as possible rather stuck in front of it (not always an option).

• 4 weeks later...

I know it costs but even a single lesson with a basc coach will check your gun fit , gun mount and eye dominance in the first 5 minutes of the lesson and the next half hour would see you shooting a sitting incomer and basic overhead bird spot on.

Lesson lasts a lifetime so it works out cheaper than cartridges in the long run.