Modern Fowling Book recomendations

grahamch

Am looking for some new fowling books to read and add to my collection. I have all the usual suspects BB, Alan Savoury, Alan Jarrett etc.

Any recomendations for modern or maybe classic books that are worth reading - not technical books but good fowling tales?

Thanks

I can relate to his escapades on Potoon Wash having shot there quite a bit back in the lates 80's, early 90's.

The Three Pickerels is the coldest place in the world!

I've just got the 2 books by Vince Raw off eBay They were both a good read Pattern of wings is a good read aswell

I've one vince raw book and very good it is. Have got all the classic by scott, savoury, fowlers moon etc. etc. and was hoping to find some more recent books - maybe published in the last 30 years or so. Have one by Begbie and the Jareets books but there must be a few more?

I have read quite a few of the modern books and it is rare that I want to read the same modern book twice , I like reading the old ones because it seems to take you back to a time when life moved a lot slower than it do today and the use of super multi chokes and decoys with spinning wings were unheard of .

Books by B B are decent reads ( Tides Ending and Dark Estuary ) , some of Wentworth Day books , ( Broad land Adventure , Sporting Adventure ) and Bill Powell ( My Wild Goose Chase ) to name a few, and one of my favourite local ones is Arthur Patterson ( Wildfowlers and Poachers ).

The one book I have read the most and never get tied of reading it , is Colin Willock ( Kenzie the Wild Goose Man ) , who I was luck enough to meet once and would have loved to had spent some time wildfowling together .

Just ordered 'Patten of wings' and 'Wildfowlers and Poachers'....hopefully good reads.

Looking for one now with people using super chokes :lol:

I knew one or two ole boys who had super chokes but they were caused by breathing in Black powder smoke and chewing a clod of baccy , as for writing a book , they could neither read or write but they knew how to get a decent bag of fowl :yes: