Magpies

Sha Bu Le

Yesterday there were 10 magpies in a neighbours tree at 34 yards, could easily have gotten 2 or 3. First one down and while the rest were making a fuss another 2 before they went.

Unfortunately not on my land so just had to watch and bite my tongue...........hey ho

My mate has two that have built a nest on his boundary with next door nieghbor, he is spitting nails :lol::lol:

On the campsite some people get a bit upset if I walk around with a shotgun. So my Larsen trap out of the way has now accounted for 7 magpies in about week since I got my first call bird. I got fed up seeing the magpies hunting for nests in my hedges so with me still trapping and getting a few more the song bird population around here is going to have a bit of a better year fingers crossed.

May I suggest you get yourself a Larsen trap.

Of course you may RF and I have thought about it, however Mrs SBL won't hear of it. She doesn't seem to mind if I shoot them when they come on to my property but for reasons known only to herself is against trapping them.

I am working on her though and thanks for your suggestion.

Of course you may RF and I have thought about it, however Mrs SBL won't hear of it. She doesn't seem to mind if I shoot them when they come on to my property but for reasons known only to herself is against trapping them.

I am working on her though and thanks for your suggestion.

I would go down the "imagine how many more young song birds will be around" route.

Good luck

Just had a pair set up camp here. I don't go mad for killing them normally but we have a considerable amount of song birds and waders nesting here

It won't be sporting though I will find were they live and blow it up after dark with a full mag of 12 gauge