Variation advice

bullet1747

It's a cost thing. If you sell a hornet and get another hornet it's a no cost.

The only grey area if your grant was for day any 22 cf

If in doubt ask your area feo I have known different views taken region byregoin on many matters over the years

I may be wrong but I always thought it was one on one off for free, regardless of calibre.

You are indeed correct.

This is national policy set by the Home Office and not by the police. There is no charge for any variation unless the number of firearms held is increased. It would be unlawful for the police to charge.

Yep I have a 7 mm moderator slot even at renewal they put it on I haven't got a 7 mm rifle. They won't let me swap the slot for a rifle though

That's interesting, in my area, they simply remove an unused slot as after 5 years of no take up. West Mercia decide you cannot really "need" it.

That's interesting, in my area, they simply remove an unused slot as after 5 years of no take up. West Mercia decide you cannot really "need" it.

Yes I was told about ten years ago by my then feo to use it or forever loose it. Now I can't get rid of the slot.

Then you need to direct them to the correct procedure and be more assertive. They can NOT refuse you.

Been in conflict with them before. Yes they can't make thier own laws but they can revoke your whole cert while it gets sorted in court - what would anyone do pay £ 27 for a variation or get a revocation pending court and a solicitors bill? Mmm

Been in conflict with them before. Yes they can't make thier own laws but they can revoke your whole cert while it gets sorted in court - what would anyone do pay £ 27 for a variation or get a revocation pending court and a solicitors bill? Mmm

Why on earth would they revoke your certificate for refusing to pay for something that, in law, is free.

Fees are set by the Secretary of State by way of the Firearms (variation of fees) Order 2015, an instrument to amend the Firearms Act 1968 & 1988. Can you seriously envisage any chief constable revoking a certificate in such circumstances and ridicule he would face if he was to do so.

Edited by CharlieT

It's common if your asking for a variation or condition. Cost? Dunno I wouldn't step into am argument over £ 27 with people who can my life difficult. Let alone revoke pending appeal

I can't believe I'm reading this from a shooter. I didn't comment to post 16 as I thought you'd maybe got mixed up over some other piece of policy and gave you the benefit of the doubt, but it seem not.

There is absolutely no way a licensing authority can revoke your ticket under such circumstances.

Licensing authorities don't exist to do us favours if we don't rock the boat, but exist to provide a service, and nothing more. To sit back and let them dictate unlawful policy is utterly ridiculous. Demand they do as they are supposed to, please.