bent barrel on airmarms s410 carbine

pestbry

Out Rat shooting over the weekend, with my superlite s410 and the swivel which attaches to the front stud broke off while I was walking around. Then the rifle fell to the floor , mod hitting first then the scope.

Took the mod off, and looks like the end of barrel is bent. Going take the rifle back to shop where I bought it and sling/ swivels, as this is the 2nd swivel that has gone.

The first time I managed to catch the rifle before it hit the ground, to say im ****** off is an under statement.

Just looked at replacement barrels and the cheapest was £102, only had this rifle 9 months so not happie chapie

Anyone know of any barrels for sale if I get no joy from gunshop Please ?

Cheers

Bry

£102 for a barrel is not a bad price, shame it broke but are they cheap sling swivels or has the stud come out of the stock,

I really don't know what the shop can do for ya but hope you get it sorted bud

good luck,, Evo

Just bend it back into straight, not a hard job just time consuming. Get a good chunk of wood and drill a hole in it bit bigger than the barrel to use to bend against so it won't damage the bluing.

Remove the barrel before trying to straighten. Rolling it on a pane of glass or glass table will show you where the bend is. So long as any bend is not to much and in the up and down plane you can re zero your scope to it.

Are you sure the barrel is bent and it's not just knocked out of alignment with the cylinder.

Edited by figgy

Could you not at worse case cut the barrel down if its only the end then just slip the silencer back on?

If you need a new barrel then you cant loose anything by trying?

not really a very good idea as most air rifle barrels are choked ( not all mind ), removing the end of the barrel will affect the accuracy more than bending it

The end of the barrel is chamfered so smaller than barrel, if you know what I mean ? Making it a weak point on the barrel

Thanks for the offer rodp

Didn't have chance to get to the gun shop today, try tomorrow.

Cheers for all the help