bent barrel on airmarms s410 carbine

pestbry

Never more than amazed when I come on here to see what people can do / make. I have the most basic set of tools ever. I read bent barrel and think new gun and then read this thread :hmm: The only gun I would fix is an empty one that needs a reload. Somewhere I missed an education. :/

Update went back to gun shop explained what happened, also this is the second spring swivel to be faulty .

They phoned up thier supplier, and was asked to take photos of swivels and bent barrel. These photos were then emailed to supplier.

I have been assured it will be put right, as soon as they know they will let me know.

Fingers crossed alls going to be OK.

Very helpfully at the gun shop, but did say Air arms are prone to barrel damage

Cheers all

Bry

Ps might get rid and buy a more solid rifle. Like my Rapid7

Seen as the barrels are Walther and other makers use them can't see how Air Arms can be worse than others. Only BSA and Weirauch make their own CZ do to but also supply to other makers.

Any rifle dropped onto a hard surfaces from shoulder height would suffer damage like yours. Only a very heavy barrel might escape being bent but you wouldn't want one on a hunting gun.

BSA don't even fit a figure eight clamp bracket so the barrels are more prone to being bent.

Edited by figgy

Next time you visit your Gunshop can you just mention to him that I have had 6 AA rifles and never managed to bend the barrels - like figgy said they are Walther items so the quality is pretty much up there - maybe he just talks bullocks. BTW if you bought the swivels from him then HE is responsible if they break and the matter has nothing to do with the manufacturer - whether he is responsible for damage resulting from the swivels breaking is another matter but I would guess that he is.

AA410 is back and shooting spot on. NO CHARGE

Barrel not changed , so must have been straighten

I am happy so that's all that counts, plus it didn't cost me .

I don't feel comfortable taking the rifle apart. It's mostly when the mag probes the pellet into the barrel it's not smooth action