Pulsar N750a v Fox

steve_b_wales

After waiting for good weather and our days off to coincide, my mate Ade1971 and I decided to try for a fox or two. We arrived at the farm at approx 20.45 and put some bait out at around 100 yards. We both set up behind some bales. Ade was using his Sako 75 (22.250) with Photon NV scope and T20 IR, and I was using my Tikka T3 Lite (.243) with my Pulsar N750a scope and T38 IR. Apart from zeroing this scope, I had yet to try it out on foxes. We waited until it got dark, and I started calling by using a Bestfoxcall and a Teal button caller. (which I find excellent) Nothing came in for ages, then I could see a fox running quickly coming from the right, and heading towards us. Ade couldn't see it because there was trailer with bales on, in his way. The fox kept on coming, and, after two quick 'Oi's', it stopped around 70 yards away. It was facing towards me, so I placed the crosshairs on its chest, and a 100gr SP hit it smack on. Through the scope, I could see it rolling around, so I gave it another bullet to finish it off. We went over to see it, which turned out to be a young dog fox. There was a hell of a lot of damage done to it, but it didn't suffer. I kept the tail, as I send these to a friend of mine in the USA. But, after taking the tail, I realised that I hadn't taken a photo of it, so took one without it's tail.

I was pleased with the result, and have finally christened my NV scope. Hopefully in the not to distant future, I will get a few more.

My thanks to Ade for a good night out, with a few laughs along the way. I look forward to our next outing.

NV FOX 2.jpg

Woo hoo, I knew you would get one (finally) :good:

What is your verdict on the N750A then bud?

Brilliant Mike. Although, I thought the onboard IR on #3 setting, struggled a bit at ranges past 150 yards. I had a T38 with an 'AS' IR pil fitted. This allowed viewing well in excess of 300+ yards.

I need to work out how to get a new zero for a different calibre now.

Brilliant Mike. Although, I thought the onboard IR on #3 setting, struggled a bit at ranges past 150 yards. I had a T38 with an 'AS' IR pil fitted. This allowed viewing well in excess of 300+ yards.

I need to work out how to get a new zero for a different calibre now.

The IR fitted to the unit is rubbish in my opinion. I have an NM 800 on mine and it is spot on. Hopefully the first of many foxes for you mate.

The IR fitted to the unit is rubbish in my opinion. I have an NM 800 on mine and it is spot on. Hopefully the first of many foxes for you mate.

Yes, it's not very good, considering the cost of the unit. I have the T38 on mine, but may swap for my XSearcher with IR pil.

I'm hoping to try it again tomorrow night, weather permitting.

Yes, it's not very good, considering the cost of the unit. I have the T38 on mine, but may swap for my XSearcher with IR pil.

I'm hoping to try it again tomorrow night, weather permitting.

Steve, the T38 with a Yukon lens on is also a good option, I have used a Sunranger 3x42 on Air, rimmy and CF, multi focus and mode fits all requirements with ample range for digi or tubed