GAME shooting clothing

adbirdy31

It is the first time I've seen this brand. I cant see any problems with it, looks of good quality but for me i would go with Ridgeline or sealand every time for the money and Quality. I have a couple jackets of each and they have lasted me very well ( unless encountering barbed wire -.-) .

https://www.ardmoor.co.uk/ridgeline-pintail-smock-rid-rlcpap?utm_source=googleshop&utm_medium=shop&utm_content=google-shop&utm_campaign=22-04-2016&gclid=CPHV9djDrMwCFY4y0wodbPcG2Q

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

My wife has a Sasta suit. It has been washed numerous times, is still weather proof. She loves the light weight and warmth it provides. I tend to wear tweed on formal driven days but have a couple of 'occasional' jackets which come into play when the weather gets a bit nasty. One is a Sherwood (£110) and the other a Deerhunter (£130) both have now done a number of full seasons and the Deerhunter has been through the wash numerous times and still weatherproof. I have not seen the make mentioned above but important to try a coat on before buying to see if a) it fits and b) you can easily swing a gun unimpeded.

Had a couple of smocks and did not like them at all. Not possible to open them up for that long drag up and hopefully back down and always a pain in the butt to get on and off.

Edited by Walker570

Smocks don't generally feature in formal driven shoot days; they are more of an uphill stalking garment really.

I have no experience of the featured make but have a smock by Country Covers. It is light, waterproof and windproof, and worn over the top of thin garments is just the job for sitting in a hide or round the pond.

With heavier garments underneath the can ruck around the armpits and shoulders and impede swing as CT suggests.

• 3 weeks later...

I don’t know if this is still helps, but I have the game stealth 3 in 1 (olive green) it looks and feels like a quality Jacket. I tend to use it for pigeon shooting and yes occasionally it dose catch on pockets est. Which means a miss.

Nevertheless it keeps me warm and dry.

Looks to be pretty tight fitting, for game shooting you need plenty of room to swing, so plenty of room under the arms and around the shoulders.

The other thing that concerns me is their web site, there is no name and address where they can be found. So they bring in a container of clothing from wherever, suppose it turns out to be poor quality ( and I am not saying it will), they just take the site down and disappear with your money and you have no comeback what so ever.. They do not appear on Company Check that I can see and there is no ones name that I can see on their site, so its likely to be a sole trader.

If might cost you a bit more but I like to use my local RFD, try on several suitable items for what I am looking for then buy branded products that have stood the test of time, if there is then an issue down the track a away I can at least take it back.

A

Edited by Alycidon