AYA XXV Sidelock 12 gauge

AYA XXV Sidelock

£895

12 gauge Shotgun Private Seller
Used - Very Good Condition Nottingham, Nottinghamshire
Side by Side, 1/4 Choke, 1/2 Choke, 25" barrels
Image Image Image

Description

AYA XXV sidelock ,Churchill rib ,choked 1/4 and 1/2 ,LOP 14 3/4 ,cast right .Expensive overhaul by gunsmith to include barell blacking,strip and clean ,re joint,wooden stock extension ,all woodwork re finished to a high standard .New firing pins ,weight is 6ib 2oz.

Built approx 1964 in the original AYA factory ,hence engraving and internal finishing all done by hand .Not used since overhaul .

Comes with genuine Brady 25 inch slip.

Perfect for driven game or walked up days .

£895

This gun is being sold by Pigeon Watch member Arielvb. Message them here

Are you doubting his doubt?

Yup. My BL comes in at a whisper over 6lb 4oz and is 2 & 1/2" which was common back in the day after all, they were modelled on the Churchill originals. Yep, the weight could be down to the timber density but as a general rule, the SLs were the heavier of the two and there could be another reason for it.

'nuff from me.

I had a 1974 xxv sidelock 10 years ago,used to put 24gram 7,s throught it.took it to elderkins to sell it and he would,nt even come and look at it !the lady behind the counter said the barrels are too short,sorry !! anyway I sold it for £450 and it was mint

I had a 1974 xxv sidelock 10 years ago,used to put 24gram 7,s throught it.took it to elderkins to sell it and he would,nt even come and look at it !the lady behind the counter said the barrels are too short,sorry !! anyway I sold it for £450 and it was mint

Guess who sold me my first one in 1977?

I am very please to say that myself and the seller have agreed a sale. The seller was very nice, helpful and good to deal with. I'm very much looking forward to completing the sale and picking up the gun from my local RFD.

I am very please to say that myself and the seller have agreed a sale. The seller was very nice, helpful and good to deal with. I'm very much looking forward to completing the sale and picking up the gun from my local RFD.

That's great, I am picking mine up Thursday and very excited I am.