Game of Thrones

rimfire4969

Of no help to you at all (but, hey, it's never stopped me before), but although I've never seen the programme, I have read (and very much enjoyed) the first book.

However, I was pretty annoyed when the book ended on a cliffhanger and I realised that I was expected to read a dozen more - and that the 'end' wasn't even written yet!

Grumble grumble

LS

Just watch the Pilot. I was just AMAZED about the production. It felt like a full feature film. It has actually rendered many other series completely obsolete overnight, and has launch a 'new' genre of series with pretty hefty money and work behind them...

:lol: last time I seen anything like that was on Celebrity Juice. My wife said hey your going to see some boobs, I replied I've seen hers loads on this she always gets em out. Wife's only up to around series three so not seen much or anything of her yet. When she removed the necklace and good grief my wife started laughing, not so happy to ogle now are you gravity is at work :no: wife quite enjoyed ribbing me in general at that point, had to be careful not to draw any comparisons to what I'd seen on screen even in jest as I may not have slept in the big bed ever again :lol: Edited by figgy

You need to watch it from series one if you decide to go for it. When I decided to start watching it I think it was about 4 series in and I ended up watching all the box sets back to back as it kept me wanting to know what happened in the next episode

Agree

Series 6 starts tonight on Sky Atlantic..........I really want to see the red witch, the torturer and the queen (probably a few more) get their come uppance big time.

Never seen the series,, but read the books... The books were brilliant would recommend a read..... Our lass was sick of me during my "game of thrones session" ... She won let me watch the series as she says 'it's full of sex!!!!!!! Mmmmmm

Currently re- reading the ronan the barbarian trilogy by James bibby.....wish they would make a film or series from these books,, hilarious

Watched the first episode this evening and it has certainly captured the book very well.

Looking forward to the rest!

LS

I envy you watching from scratch. In some ways I find it better than the books in that threads in the book that go off somewhere are brought back into the fabric of the story in the series. The TVs version is somehow "tighter".

It's basically Eastenders with nudity and bloodshed - Well written, acted and shot. I was hooked from episode one and thoroughly love it. Forget the names and remember the faces and houses they represent - Quite splendid telly.

You cant class game of thrones in the same vein as eastenders, eastenders is utter tripe,my misses watches it,thats my cue to have a bath :lol: