Changing a BSA Superten to FAC

craig1982

It's better to buy one already fac second hand and sell your 12 ft lb version. Likely you will pocket cash as fac second hand sell for less than 12 ft lb

Less buyers you see

It's better to buy one already fac second hand and sell your 12 ft lb version. Likely you will pocket cash as fac second hand sell for less than 12 ft lb

Less buyers you see

Less buyers you see

FAC selling for less ? Really ? The rarity value alone seems to keep prices high. It took me ages to find one, and my shooting partner has been

looking for ages. But only seems to get offered Theoben Rapids for £600 +.

If you like and trust the rifle Get a Dealer to upgrade it, (get a receipt for the work), and register it on your ticket ! (Sure and safe). :good:

I have an email from my area 'Police firearms department' (Cheshire), stating the process CAN be reversed but ,ONLY if the work is done by a RFD.

FAC selling for less ? Really ? The rarity value alone seems to keep prices high. It took me ages to find one, and my shooting partner has been

If you like and trust the rifle Get a Dealer to upgrade it, (get a receipt for the work), and register it on your ticket ! (Sure and safe). :good:

I have an email from my area 'Police firearms department' (Cheshire), stating the process CAN be reversed but ,ONLY if the work is done by a RFD.

Well you are looking in all the wrong places then, I know of a sub £200 Super 10 FAC that needs a new magazine and the regualtor refurbishing, from an RFD too (it was the one I bought at auction that was supposed to be sub 12 and had an Export Only reg in it, it was placed at the nearest RFD for safe storage and has never been collected by the auction house, who I am sure would welcome the chance to be shot of it without getting it collected nearly a year after the event).

I can only tell you how it is you don't have to believe me

Why do you think a guy on here was selling a scoped HW 80 for less than £ 100 - because few have unfilled fac air slots!

Same gun 12ft lb at double that it would be gone like lighting

Fac air is a niche and few with fac actually bother with them

Edited by kent

Craig, dear chap, Ring Holt's Auctioneers up, Lot 2380 from the sale in September 2015, current location St Clements Guns, Norfolk.

BSA Super 10 FAC rated (28 ft lb), offer them £150 and I am sure it can be yours! Then all you need to do is have a word with St Clement Guns who does know the inside of a Super 10 and get the reg fixed. Then a magazine, metal ones can be picked up for £25 if you shop hard enough and for under £300 a Super 10 in .22 at 28ft lb will be yours!

Hi Mole,

Thanks for the heads up. I had a good chat with the gun shop regarding the Superten. As there is no Buddy bottle for the gun it has not been tested.

so it looks like.

1. Gun,,,,,£150

2. Two hours of gunsmith labour ,,,,,£100

3. Parts to repair,,,,,,,,£???????

4. Buddy bottle,,,,,,£90

5. Moderator,,,,,£30

6. RFD TX,,,,,,£25

Spoke to the auction house who cannot find any details of that lot ?

Thanks for trying

Peter

Hi Mole,

Thanks for the heads up. I had a good chat with the gun shop regarding the Superten. As there is no Buddy bottle for the gun it has not been tested.

so it looks like.

1. Gun,,,,,£150

2. Two hours of gunsmith labour ,,,,,£100

3. Parts to repair,,,,,,,,£ ???? ???

4. Buddy bottle,,,,,,£90

5. Moderator,,,,,£30

6. RFD TX,,,,,,£25

Spoke to the auction house who cannot find any details of that lot ?

Thanks for trying

Peter

I can speak to Holts if you like and get things sorted, Holts have an unerring ability to be unable to discern their posterior from the middle joint on their arm!

Edited by secretagentmole

Hi Kshooter. Not sorted yet, I will look at all options to get the right gun. Was trawling the net last night a came upon a BSA Stalker ,22 The rifle is second hand at a staggering price of £900 + vat. What on earth is that all about are they gold plated ?

It is a BSA Super 10 that has been Bowkett turned and put in a fancy stock basically!