Rusty shotgun cartridges

They will work just as they were designed to and as long as you just wipe them off to remove any thing that might be on the outside then there's no problem at all. I found a cartridge on a track that had been dropped and it was really rusty. I fired it in My old wet day gun and it chopped down a clay just like a new one. I was also given a cartridge that had been found in a house wall which must have been there for about 40 years and that worked as well. If some don't work It will be the primer But the internal components will still be as they were. What shot size are they?

Edited by fortune

I didn't notice the sg on that case. Blimey SG, what was your mate using them on? It's a zombie basher for one of boshers specials.

This was the very rusty one that I fired just to see if it would.

Haha. As I said, they were given to me in a bag of other bits. The previous owner used them on wild goats. I know, different world here!

Never lube any cartridge it can act hydrological when fired in the chamber

Not sure what you mean. The Vaseline helps remove the rust and you wipe off after. It doesn't leak into the cartridge like wd40.

Never had an issue with any carts I have done this to and know of many people that do it.

Edited by Richie10

• 2 weeks later...