Gun problem

winnie&bezza

Evening all. I went up a local gunshop Last Saturday with my mate as he was on the lookout for a new gun. He bought a miroku 70 gr5 for £2400. Later that day he went and had a round of clays and the first barrel wouldn't always fire,sometimes both barrels didn't and the top lever wouldn't go fully back. He took it back the same day and they said they'll sort it. He got gun back today and they did it was a speck of gunpowder. Can that actually cause those problems?

Bit of swarf or other bit of crud in the action would be my guess.

Nothing major then. Never owned or shot a miroku or browning as they aren't my cup of tea looks wise but he said the 28g 8s Elec Olympic blues kicked liked hell which surprises me.

Edited by winnie&bezza

Hi

Had a couple of these and experienced a similar problem wouldn't fire because the top lever wasn't fully across

Cause crud and unburnt powder mixed with the grease from the factory good clean and de grease light lube and no trouble since

My fault should have been more meticulous

Anyway easy fix just the newness wearing off and no problem with it since

Nothing's to worry about

All the best

Of

i bought a MK70 a few years ago, got home and noticed brown crud under the top rib, looked like flux from bad soldering/brazing of joints, took it back and it was replaced, the new gun had the same misfiring you describe and also went back to the shop and that was put down to swarf in the action, maybe quality has gone downhill at Miroku?. Anyway all sorted now, i have a Beretta instead!