Shot cam

oowee

As a suggestion, try any shotgun mountable camera, these are supplied with mounts then using a video editing suite, edit a dot in the centre, its the same principle, you can't see anything with the shot cam till you download it on a computer, there software superimposes the dot in the centre, you can do that yourself.. I agree its very expensive for what it is..

http://www.blackwoodoutdoors.co.uk/scopes-and-optics/spypoint-xcel-camera

Edited by Mini Magnum

As a suggestion, try any shotgun mountable camera, these are supplied with mounts then using a video editing suite, edit a dot in the centre, its the same principle, you can't see anything with the shot cam till you download it on a computer, there software superimposes the dot in the centre, you can do that yourself.. I agree its very expensive for what it is..

http://www.blackwoodoutdoors.co.uk/scopes-and-optics/spypoint-xcel-camera

Hi do you have one of those cameras? I would be keen on hearing more about them and seeing some videos to ascertain quality. Certainly looks like a good buy.

I am not sure of the focus range of these things it could be the lens is quite wide angle.

This sort of thing

and I have seen cheaper too.

This is the size of hunting cam you want, the go pros are too big . i have a go pro for the motorbikes but shooting i found it bulky and hate the fish eye effect they have.

I got a Replay 480 is five years old now but small clips on the peak of your base ball cap forget its there almost,. But let down by the low 480p, now this one in the link above, not only is it compact even cheaper than my replay its 1280/780p, for 31 quid you cant go wrong i could just get myself one any moment now.

Its the right sort of size and can be used in a few ways not just barrel mounted. :good:

No problem 👍 I'm just wondering if you could use a realy fine black marker pen and put a small black dot on lense and then it would give the camera position and target position no sure if that would work but suppose its worth a go

Hi do you have one of those cameras? I would be keen on hearing more about them and seeing some videos to ascertain quality. Certainly looks like a good buy.

Yes I have one, quality is really good, it also shows settings on the lcd display on the camera, the remote makes it very handy instead of just leaving the camera running you can velcro to the shotgun stock and turn on for the shot, or you can just use the supplied head mount and have the camera head mounted for shooting if needed, or use for fishing and other activities, fit to your dog with harness mount as an example, it also takes photos, etc if needed,.

Edited by Mini Magnum

Yes I have one, quality is really good, it also shows settings on the lcd display on the camera, the remote makes it very handy instead of just leaving the camera running you can velcro to the shotgun stock and turn on for the shot, or you can just use the supplied head mount and have the camera head mounted for shooting if needed, or use for fishing and other activities, fit to your dog with harness mount as an example, it also takes photos, etc if needed,.

I see there is a newer version too. http://www.uttings.co.uk/p117161-spypoint-xcel-hd2-action-camera-hunting-edition-camo-sp-xcel-hd2-hunt/#.Vykb03pRJIw You have any youtube vids so I can check out quality?

Cheers DB

70 grams in weight does not sound so much. I think this is the one.

Seems to good to be true I do but torches and photographic accessories from the chinese ebayers and they are good . Wonder if anyone on here has posted vids with this or similar.

Edited by Andra

Seems to good to be true I do but torches and photographic accessories from the chinese ebayers and they are good . Wonder if anyone on here has posted vids with this or similar.

I just ordered one see how it goes its cheap enough to try, and the little replay 480 i use is great re the view weight etc but low on res, hope this will be a good upgrade.

I just ordered one see how it goes its cheap enough to try, and the little replay 480 i use is great re the view weight etc but low on res, hope this will be a good upgrade.

Let me know pls. I want one too :-) I agree with Andra some of the stuff out of HK is great but its also the same stuff that gets branded into the stuff that we buy without question and sold at 3 time the price. Looking forward to first video.

My shotkam arrived from the states yesterday, hopefully giving it a try at the weekend when I have read the instructions, It seems to have all kinds of different modes for different firearms and some wifi,different reticle some software for viewing, But proof of the pudding is in the eating.

Let me know pls. I want one too :-) I agree with Andra some of the stuff out of HK is great but its also the same stuff that gets branded into the stuff that we buy without question and sold at 3 time the price. Looking forward to first video.

Yes i will let you know, should be here next week monday tuesday aparently.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the late update. I used mine for first time on Sunday morning picture quality good but didn't get any shots on as a think I had camera fitted far too close to the forend on my sx3 am going to try it much closer to the end of barrel.I've got the hang of switching the record function on and off now first two stands got 9 out 10 then realised It wasn't recording 😕 to turn it to record realy qwik press then to switch off long press