First Outing With My Wabbitbosher Bargain

belly47

2 Years after I had to sell my previous hmr (cz455 laminated) when my job went bad and i needed the money, I snapped up the 452 that wabbitbosher had for sale.

After watching Leicester gain a title winning point (hopefully!!!) I popped up the farm to try it out.

To be honest it was probably a little too windy today but you know how it is when you get a new toy.

Set up targets at 50 yards and spent some time tinkering until I was happy. I use strelok app as a guide and 50 yards is the same POI as 100 yards, but its easier to get on paper at 50 yards when initially setting up.

After a short drive to the other side of the farm I peered through a fence and saw two bunnies, one at 45 yards and one at 55. So raised the rifle and shot the closest, and too my surprise the second didn't even the flinch so dropped him too.

So 2 shots and 2 dead rabbits with the new rifle, not a bad start, though admittedly not really testing shots or distance.

My previous hmr had the heavy varmint barrel and the new one does not, I was wondering what difference this will make if any.

So still very early days with it but happy at this point.

Looking forward to a calmer day to stretch it out a bit.

IMG_20160501_193744_zpsrnojsxq3.jpg

The heavier barrel will make the rifle weigh more.

If you're doing target shooting or plinking with it, then maybe it will take longer to heat up but then conversely, it will take longer to cool down again. For hunting, there is normally a long gap between shots so I wouldn't have thought a heavy barrel makes much difference