NV advise / help please...

rich1984

My dads after nv set up for his hw100, he cant get his head round if he needs the torch or if the camera provides the nv ? I was under the impression the torch is needed ?

Ive read a few of the NV threads on here but im not electrical or gadget minded so cant really understand.

And finally..... can you buy a kit ready made by anyone off here or recommended ? Its the old boys birthday soon so would make a nice supprise.

Thanks

Generally all NV will need an Infra Red torch especially digital NV which are camera based (this is the add on type you see commonly with screens that attach to the scopes).

Some of the Gen 2+ and 3 top spec tubed stuff can get around not needing IR on bright nights where they can amplify the ambient light given off by stars and the moon but you are talking the £3K+ stuff that is cutting edge.

Really though IR torches are fairly cheap and for air gun ranges you will only need something like a t20 kits for these retail at <£35 which includes batteries and chargers.

Generally all NV will need an Infra Red torch especially digital NV which are camera based (this is the add on type you see commonly with screens that attach to the scopes).

They're the one's he's seen, with the screen mounted somewhere and camera over the scope lens.

My dads after nv set up for his hw100, he cant get his head round if he needs the torch or if the camera provides the nv ? I was under the impression the torch is needed ?

Ive read a few of the NV threads on here but im not electrical or gadget minded so cant really understand.

And finally..... can you buy a kit ready made by anyone off here or recommended ? Its the old boys birthday soon so would make a nice supprise.

Thanks

Hello, if I remember correctly dave-g on here Is who you want to talk to? He makes some cracking set ups and a pretty cheap price. With a half decent set up with the new t20 pill you should be able to see in excess of 200 yards. With my set up on a Hawke scope with an e-700 camera and new AS ir pill In a t20 I can see approx 300 yards. Hope it helps 👍

Hello, if I remember correctly dave-g on here Is who you want to talk to? He makes some cracking set ups and a pretty cheap price. With a half decent set up with the new t20 pill you should be able to see in excess of 200 yards. With my set up on a Hawke scope with an e-700 camera and new AS ir pill In a t20 I can see approx 300 yards. Hope it helps

Mine might be a bit overkill for a sub 12ftlb air rifle because of the T50 Black Sun illuminator that is built into it. However I can fit one with a standard Chinese spec AS pill in for £20 less than the one shown here, and it still uses three IR power options:

http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/topic/335205-kwikfit-add-on-nv-with-integrated-t50-black-sun-illuminator/

Mine might be a bit overkill for a sub 12ftlb air rifle because of the T50 Black Sun illuminator that is built into it. However I can fit one with a standard Chinese spec AS pill in for £20 less than the one shown here, and it still uses three IR power options:

http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/topic/335205-kwikfit-add-on-nv-with-integrated-t50-black-sun-illuminator/

No such thing as overkill ;) just means a longer stalk :lol: