Primos Power Crow call

Jimmymature

I had got mine to sound ok to be honest and had good results. However after reading this I also tried taking the rubber off and because the black plastic opens up (the harder you bite the plastic mouthpiece the higher the pitch) it def allows for a lower pitch and more realistic sound using the throaty growl approach. I was quite impressed by that but small tweak :good: Shall try it out in the field.

Can I ask if you are the frenchiboy that has the youtube vid for the fox caller with video tape??

Edited by Andra

Also for jackdaws I bight down on the mouthpiece and blow 2 puffs so to speak (hard to explain) but identical to a jackdaws call very good.

I find this technique works really well in spring as, I think, that several short peeps is a mating call but I'll stand to be corrected.

GH

Only if you cant use it with it on by the look of it. I use mine as intended (with the piece of rubber on) and it works fine.

Patience and practice is whats needed.

Not really I can use it with the rubber on but as suggested and in my opinion it allows the tone to go a bit deeper due to the plastic opening up. With the rubber on the pitch can only get higher. I think it was a good suggestion by FB and it would be down to folks to try and see what they think, we also all hear differently too so what might sound good to someone might sounds poor to another etc. Have now tested in the field and both ways can pull crows in.

Not really I can use it with the rubber on but as suggested and in my opinion it allows the tone to go a bit deeper due to the plastic opening up. With the rubber on the pitch can only get higher. I think it was a good suggestion by FB and it would be down to folks to try and see what they think, we also all hear differently too so what might sound good to someone might sounds poor to another etc. Have now tested in the field and both ways can pull crows in.

Fair comment. I think that the issue is that to many people give up on it without persevering which is a shame as they are good calls.

quite good over the weekend just giving a couple of pips on the call kept a jackdaw happy for a while in the back garden I just let him fly away and then gave a couple of pips and he came back over again....for the crows well they just kept calling back