Shocking news from Parcel Force

My RFD confirmed this morning that they were contacted last week by ParcelForce and told that they no longer intend to ship firearms nor ammunition. If true, this is serious business and stocks of firearms and ammunition are set to become thin on the ground and prices will only go one way.

It will fall to suppliers or RFDs themselves to arrange their own transport unless another courier comes forwards.

If true, this is terrible news.

Edit: TNT still shipping as well?

Edited by Savhmr

ParcelFarce have nothing to do with shipping of ammunition.

They only carry firearms for trade account members as is.....or airguns for members of the public.

Royal Mail still carry firearms BUT most counter staff are blissfully unaware that they do!

And, the Royal Mail package dimensions mean that some careful choice of box needs to be made. Posted two shotguns on Friday....

Not true that Parcel Force are stopping the transport of firearms, their new terms and conditions are here: http://www.parcelforce.com/sites/default/files/Parcelforce_contract_prohibitions_restrictions.pdf and come into effect later this month

BASC trade members were also written to last month about a courier we have uncovered who will ship ammunition

David

Edited by David BASC

Not true that Parcel Force are stopping the transport of firearms, their new terms and conditions are here: http://www.parcelforce.com/sites/default/files/Parcelforce_contract_prohibitions_restrictions.pdf and come into effect later this month

BASC trade members were also written to last month about a courier we have uncovered who will ship ammunition

David

Thanks for the confirmation David. My RFD said that he'd spoken to a Parcelforce employee last Thursday and it was they who informed him that they will no longer be shipping firearms to traders. I'll point him in the direction of that link. Why the confusion amongst Parcel Force's own staff then, I don't know!

Not a clue, I have spoken to the head of their sales tem this afternoon and the chap that heads up the new contracts team and they cant think how the wrong message got out. True enough PF sent an email round last week but referring you to this link

It seems that the wrong link was inadvertently sent to my RFD. I forwarded the link you posted so they're all straight now.