Mercury hearing

12borebanger

Anyone had any dealings with mercury hearing?? I paid 80 quid at the kelmarsh show for some passive ear plugs. Should have been delivered on the 24th, but no show. Was at the broadlands show at the weekend at which they had a stall so enquired there and was told they would call me today to let me know what's happening but I've heard nothing. Tried to call them myself and they don't answer the phone. starting to worry I've given 80 quid to some random just to put gunk in my ears!

If you paid by card, it is time to write and demand a refund if the goods are not delivered within 7 days. If you don't get a satisfactory response, contact your card issuer and go for a charge back to recover your money. If you paid cash, it is going to be a lot harder to apply any leverage.

6 weeks yeah there's something wrong there like i said mine took 3 weeks got them 2 weeks ago mine was delt with a rep called nigel hirst came to my house to do the impressions were they cens passive ear plugs if so if you pm me your name and details i will see if he can sort it out for you

thanks dave

Hi 12borebanger, it is currently a busy time for our dealers which can result in longer lead times. But that being said there should be no reason why you cannot contact them. Please email me all your contact details to: dave@puretone.net and I will look into this for you.

Myself and a mate had dealings with them - it wasn't good!

It was months before we got our goods, they wouldn't answer the phone or return messages, they blamed the delay on puretone who I phoned and they'd not even had our moulds! Got them in the end though but after some not very nice phone calls

Good luck!

Hi 12borebanger, it is currently a busy time for our dealers which can result in longer lead times. But that being said there should be no reason why you cannot contact them. Please email me all your contact details to: dave@puretone.net and I will look into this for you.

Well done

I purchased a set of expensive Cens from Mercury last year. Absolute shambles. I got the gear eventually and it is good but it took ages. They got the measurements mixed up. They got the order mixed up. There was nobody in the office to answer the phone. They didn't answer my emails.

No way would I deal with them again. Should be banned from the shows that they attend. Gives Cens a bad name too.

There were three companies selling the same product at the show and I had to pick them. Then I found out that the local company that do The Memsahibs hearing aids could have supplied.

Hi 12borebanger, we have not received any order from Mercury Hearing regarding your Sonic Valves. Please note that Mercury Hearing also manufacture Sonic Valves so the order may not be actually coming to us. We are though trying to contact them for you to get an answer either way.

Spoke to Dave at puretone today who was very helpful, even though it was not his product i had purchased. Thanks to his help i received a phone call not long after i had spoken to him, from mercury hearing, promising me that my plugs would be sent out today and with a free cleaning kit as an apology/compensation. Apparently my plugs got muddled with another order so had to be remade, but hopefully will all be sorted now. The power of pigeon watch is clear to see! great community, even if this still isn't the end of it, i'm a lot further on because of pigeon watch! Thanks all. Watch this space and i will let you know how i get on..........

Spoke to Dave at puretone today who was very helpful, even though it was not his product i had purchased. Thanks to his help i received a phone call not long after i had spoken to him, from mercury hearing, promising me that my plugs would be sent out today and with a free cleaning kit as an apology/compensation. Apparently my plugs got muddled with another order so had to be remade, but hopefully will all be sorted now. The power of pigeon watch is clear to see! great community, even if this still isn't the end of it, i'm a lot further on because of pigeon watch! Thanks all. Watch this space and i will let you know how i get on..........

It's a good result but it shouldn't have been like this in the first place. For a company not to return calls or answer emails is disgraceful.

I'm looking to get a set of moulded plugs soon and from this thread I certainly know what company I won't be using.

I used spec savers audiologist, via CENS, quick and professionally fitted by a bloke who fits hearing aids as a living, got s hearing test in with the price to check I've not already damaged my lugs from shooting

Well the ear plugs arrived, seem ok, nice snug fit but not had chance to test them out shooting yet. Obviously no free cleaning kit as they promised, their customer service was terrible so never expected them to make good on their promise! They've also asked me to take anything I've written about them on the Internet down!!

Surely this thread is no different to a 1 star product/service review online . As for "muddled up" good excuse but really... Report card says must try harder...

Great to see Dave from CENS jumping in and helping out, even though they weren't supplying the product...

Gkad to hear you have them atlast, now get out there and test!!!!

Edited by ShootingEgg