Guns and building work

Builders often have big mouths about how rich one of thier clients is. How remote they are or that they have a lot of guns

Word spreads

However if you left a person with all the kit required to open your safe and left for the day

If they broke in you will loose your cert.

I think we're getting a bit carried away now really. Have you seriously thought through what you've just suggested?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another plus of disguising in is that it won't make anyone nervous, most builders see, pretty down to guys,but the media does portray us lunatic wannabe terrorists to the general public. You could always write on the box to distract them, when one of my best friends moved house one of her friends wrote 'Sarah's Dildos, large and extra large' on a packing box, when the removers turned up and found the box they nearly passed out through laughing.

Builders often have big mouths about how rich one of thier clients is. How remote they are or that they have a lot of guns

Word spreads

However if you left a person with all the kit required to open your safe and left for the day

Sorry but this is rubbish.

Word spreads

This is absolutely nonsense, you would not loose your ticket.

Word spreads

They would have all the kit to open the front door too!

Cabinets are designed to prevent "unauthorised access" not be the Fort Knox of armouries........

You go to work come back to find cabinet in bits on the floor oh I wonder who could have done that.......

Even our police should have half a chance on that one......

Well how many realise how many homes I have worked in and how many times I have heard talk from others

There is even a post talking of someomes box of adult toys right here on the thread

Why do you think the question is raised about other persons in the house or with access to it at interview?

If your guns go proving you took all reasonable precautions is down to you

Edited by kent

On another note tho I wouldn't have any builder in my house I didn't trust 100%

That is my first thought when reading the OP. If you think they would go.for the cab whats stopping them going for tv, or jewellery etc. You need to trust them else you'd never get anyone in to do anything????

This is a bit over the top isn't it? How the hell do you sleep at night knowing that you have those terrible high powered weapons AND All of that lethal ammunition under your roof? It's a well known fact that the local power mad terrorists are just waiting for the opportunity to get their hands on these so that they can go and threaten the local burger wagon for an extra slice of cheese on the burger that they don't want to pay for. I'm sure that everyone does a varied route back from shooting and goes half a mile up the road just to make sure that no one is following them back home. And the land owner might spread the word that you were at point B. He might even come and steal them himself and then he could go and shoot the pigeons himself and cut you out of the frame!

It wasn't all that long ago that blokes used to walk along the road with a gun and prop It up in the pub with a few head of game. I have never heard of anyone having their guns taken from the cabinet and even if they did the clause "reasonable precaution" would come in to play.

Just depends on how lucky you feel in having to defend your decision to leave them there for 3 months?

Your first line of security having gone when you leave them the door key?

My best guess you won't be happy chappy if something goes wrong?

I do know of some one who let decorators in while he was away for 2 days, he thought he knew them as trustworthy?

Some one associated with them wasn't.

Well how many realise how many homes I have worked in and how many times I have heard talk from others

There is even a post talking of someomes box of adult toys right here on the thread

Why do you think the question is raised about other persons in the house or with access to it at interview?

If your guns go proving you took all reasonable precautions is down to you

Oh come on, pleeeaaase.

Amazes me that some of you lot are allowed to have guns in the first place.

Are you all stressed out and popping pills to cope with the anxiety and worry of owning lethal weapons?

Just cover the thing up and get on with it.

The bank has cash in it. So does the 'hole in the wall' in the high street.

The Chemist stocks drugs and the pub keeps booze in the cellar.

Now here's a surprise - Shooters have guns - at home - in a tin box!

Edited by Grandalf

I really wonder about the content in some of these threads.

The other day a bloke came to my house to read the meter. I blindfolded him and walked him to the corner with the meter in so he wouldn't see my gun cabinet on the other wall. I also took down all the photos of gundogs, pheasants and other country scenes from the walls before I let him in, and hid my dogs under the bed, in case he made any connections.

When the bloke delivered my cabinet and said "New gun cabinet, is it, I bet your wife's thrilled" I told him a pre rehearsed lie about my sentimentally valuable but totally worthless collection of vintage feather dusters that I would be keeping in there...

If you are really that worried, Get some coat hooks and place them above the cabinet and hang all your winter and old coats draping over it, and infront put a few pairs of wellies and boots. will look like a cupboard corner rammed with winter stuff.

If it was me that's what i would do then stop loosing sleep over it

I wouldn't won't to use guns for building work!!!!! Firing a few hundred 308 rounds thru walls to form openings is not very safe and will cost you a fortune!!!!! Sledge hammers/lump hammers and bolster chisels , man even sthil saws should be used,

I suppose a 12g would be suitable for forming socket holes in stud walls, lol lol

Seriously mate , leave em where they are a crack on,

Stop worrying over nowt,

Atb

Flynny

Are you all stressed out and popping pills to cope with the anxiety and worry of owning lethal weapons?

perfect answer, makes you wonder how they get the gun from the house to the car, maybe they work under the cover of darkness or army roll to the car

Hold your horses there Mr Grandalf

The forum is not just for those who know everything is it?

The OP obviously wasn't sure what to do and asked a perfectly sensible question, better safe than sorry and all that!!

The OP obviously wasn't sure what to do and asked a perfectly sensible question, better safe than sorry and all that!!

That was exactly it, a very simple request for opinions and views from this community as I haven't been in this situation before. I was NOT in anyway intending to start a debate over the relative moral values of the building trade!

I wish I hadn't asked now! :no::no: