Starting at the right time

oowee

I had a call from a farmer out of the blue desperate for help after crows had apparently killed one of his calves. I get round pronto and was taken to a field with a small heard of suckling cows and calves and sown the new born which was in an awful mess. He was adamant that the birds had attacked and killed it as it was born? He was insistent that the birds only arrived first thing in the morning so I agreed to be there even though I had to shoot another barley field during the day. Only later did I realise that meant 0500 :unhappy:.

Sure enough bang on 0530 birds started to arrive not in vast numbers and to be honest if it was a drilled field with these numbers I would not have set up. Either way after by 0700 13 shot and 12 picked. I did have a picture but it wont let me upload this one with the other ? Might have to read the instructions :)

Quick breakfast break an off to see the other Barley field which was empty of birds :unhappy:. Next on the list was a new farmer just not far away so set off to find him. He seems like a really nice chap knocking on 75 at a guess, and asked me to follow his merc. I dont think my Hilux has ever gone so fast. Arrived at said field to see a chap rolling it with a 50's MF very nice to see and I asked if they could roll the far side first so I could set up in the shade. Steady birds for the next three hours kept me awake although I did feel lucky not to fall off my stool. Hung on for 50 shot and 47 picked. All in a total of 63 with more to do in the morning.

post-65613-0-59929100-1462470963_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...