2nd outing with hmr

So, as last night I forgot to pick my target box up I decided to go and get it with rifle in and at around 8:30pm. Found my box and put it in my back and walked up to a wooded section. Saw 3 rabbits at around 80 yards with no safe shot due to not knowing the backdrop. Moved in to a position where I could get a safe shot and they ran about 10 yards before stopping. Rifle on sticks, first one dropped like a brick. Second one didn't move so reloaded and down it went. To my surprise the 3rd one was still sat there. Again, reloaded and bang. 3 rabbits down in no more than 30 seconds. Ranged the first one at 78 yards with the furthest being around 90. Picked up the spent brass and walked down to pick them up. 3 cracking healthy rabbits of a good size. Liking this hmr a lot!! http://s1268.photobucket.com/user/bwbiker95/media/Mobile%20Uploads/WP_20160508_21_19_31_Pro_zpsro0voowo.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1

This one is as they lay, the 3rd was behind be and I was shooting from the tree in the distance!

http://s1268.photobucket.com/user/bwbiker95/media/Mobile%20Uploads/WP_20160508_21_19_31_Pro_zpsro0voowo.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1

Just before gutting them.

Oh, and one more thing made my day. A dog walker said good job!! He heard the 3 successive shots and saw 3 rabbits! I was amazed :lol: Cheers for reading all 👍

Edit to say-thought you could see the tree in the distance in first pic but you cant, my apologies.

Edited by Hendrix's rifle

They look not badly hit, I find the .17hmr just destroys everything even on big rabbits. I'll spare you the grim photos lol

It's a cracking round though (excuse the pun), I've had some epic 140yard shots with my Sako Quad in .17hmr.

They look not badly hit, I find the .17hmr just destroys everything even on big rabbits. I'll spare you the grim photos lol

It's a cracking round though (excuse the pun), I've had some epic 140yard shots with my Sako Quad in .17hmr.

Haha, I had to turn them over so the exit wound wasn't shown... It wasn't pretty! I had another 11 last night but haven't got around to putting pics up yet, longest was 180 yards, headshot as well :) In the week I've owned it its probably taken approx 25 rabbits between 40 and 180 yards.

Very nice, I drive every day through the peaks from Mansfield to Manchester via Macclesfield. Some serious rabbit numbers about over your way lucky ****** :-(... There is no large number over this way at the moment as the local farmers went mad with Myxomatosis over the last 24 months. :-(