As dangerous as it looks?

oowee

Would not fancy it myself but these guns are I think tested far more than we are here in order to obtain a hunters license. Its what they are used to, certainly they are all decent shots and hit pretty hard probably with a 30 cal or bigger.

I can see why straight pulls are getting popular for that job, I was looking for a vid of a guy using a straight pull shooting 9 bore in about 60 secs when I came accross this.

30 seconds or so in, driven fox, what a shot that is !!, with a rifle. rest of this vid is not to my taste,

This bloke knows which end to hold and which to point,

A

Both!

Seen those before and am still can't make my mind up what is more impressive. The fella shooting boat in the second vid or the video of the chap shooting pigeon out of the sky with a bow.

The track in the last clip is littered with pork.

We need to recognise that in the UK we don't like running quarry shot with rifles but it's not quite so hard as it can look

It does however take practice and confidence lead is significantly less than shotguns but obviously depends on angle. Just like shotgun your brain soon learns the right picture and tells the trigger finger the news

We need to recognise that in the UK we don't like running quarry shot with rifles but it's not quite so hard as it can look

It does however take practice and confidence lead is significantly less than shotguns but obviously depends on angle. Just like shotgun your brain soon learns the right picture and tells the trigger finger the news

I've no issue with people shooting running game.

But in the shot in question, he was almost certainly 'swinging through' the next man up the line before taking his shot. So he had his rifle momentarily pointing directly at another person, most likely with his finger on the trigger.

Anyplace I have never shot continental Europe but if that occurred and wasn't acted on I shouldn't be staying or paying

That's how I see it; if you're not happy then don't participate. It's down to the individual as to what they are/are not prepared to accept. It wouldn't put me off going however. Like I said; they do things differently on the continent.

I've watched that clip several times and when the shot was taken the target was well behind the line in its angle. I can't see which gun actually took the shoot. I believe that it was the gun on the other side of the next in line. You can just see him standing on the left of the bloke on the shooting stick. If it was this gun that did shoot then the angle to the rear would have been greater. There is no visible evidence that I can see that anyone swung through the line or had a finger on the trigger. Seeing as whoever took the shot put one bullet right in the engine room in such a short distance They are obviously very skilled and confident in taking on the shot. If we had this kind of game over here this kind of shot would be commonplace. I've been on driven boar shoots and when it happens It is quick and sometimes unexpectedly close like the first and the fifth shots on that clip. I've been on fox drives here that I have looked for an oak tree to stand behind as protection from some shooters that get a bit excited although I've never seen anyone peppered but I've seen several faulty situations where I have given the offender a few words such as I am going to insert their gun up their rudder If they point their gun in my direction again.

I didn't watch the clip.just responding to Scullys comment

How can you comment on the handling when you haven't seen the clip? Go back to post #1 and click on the blue word >>>THIS. watch the 2nd shot where they are standing on a roadway and the boar comes out and is shot on the bank behind. there's some cracking shooting in the clips.

We must never except bad handling no matter what

That's a fair enough comment and there can be no exceptions. I think that prince Charles got a going over for shooting after the horn on one occasion.

I didn't watch the clip.just responding to Scullys comment

How can you comment on the handling when you haven't seen the clip? Go back to post #1 and click on the blue word >>>THIS. watch the 2nd shot where they are standing on a roadway and the boar comes out and is shot on the bank behind. there's some cracking shooting in the clips.

We must never except bad handling no matter what

That's a fair enough comment and there can be no exceptions. I think that prince Charles got a going over for shooting after the horn on one occasion.

Because I was commenting on Scullys post " what was said not what was seen "

They should probably build concrete pill boxes for the guns to stand in just incase.

Boar have been shot like this for years, I know in places like Lithuania hunters have to be part of a club and are very heavily tesed before being given a licence to hunt.

At the end of the day it looks like great fun, the guys look like very competent shots and I'm sure if anybody was being unsafe they would be kicked off the shoot. And in reality, what's life without a bit of risk thrown in? :)

They should probably build concrete pill boxes for the guns to stand in just incase.

Boar have been shot like this for years, I know in places like Lithuania hunters have to be part of a club and are very heavily tesed before being given a licence to hunt.

At the end of the day it looks like great fun, the guys look like very competent shots and I'm sure if anybody was being unsafe they would be kicked off the shoot. And in reality, what's life without a bit of risk thrown in? :)

Guess its no worse than twoin a hide shooting at the same time :lol:

Does look worth a go never shot moving animal targets. Have tried a few time on running man targets on the ranges its not easy. Some of these guys have serious skills.