Paying a butcher

id be happy to show anyone in my area how to do it,FOR FREE,i held a butchery demo at my work,the boss gave me the run of the place for the guys off here who came to it,went down a treat aswell..............

Id like someone to show me, I feel pretty confident but you never know what you can miss,where abouts are you??

id be happy to show anyone in my area how to do it,FOR FREE,i held a butchery demo at my work,the boss gave me the run of the place for the guys off here who came to it,went down a treat aswell..............

I went to one of these nights and it was a fantastic evening well spent!!

i asked the very question to my local village butcher-got an absolute no way-any meat not ear tagged could be seen as source of infection and a risk to his business.

shame as i wanted it hung for a couple of weeks to mature before cutting up.

f.

Game Dealers are different!

Many hunters take all sorts in and no tags in sight!

Practice makes perfect. At the end of the day if its only for your own consumption it doesnt matter if you make a bit of a mess. You will get the hang of it as you go.

With regards to upsetting the neighbours move the carcass at night. I had to run 20 metres down a nice street in Salisbury with a sika on my shoulder (fortunately about 30 kg not a big stag) to get it into my father in laws garden to gralloch. As it was dark and the coast was clear there was no call to the police :lol:

Keep practicing, it's easy after you do a couple I.m by no means a butcher but watching YouTube clips def helps, I still waste quite a bit but getting better every time, I would suggest getting a butchers saw if anyone is doing butchery work regular, my local butcher who is friend won't touch anything I shoot for the fear of cross contamination, the hardest part I find is room and cleaning up afterwards, not hard just a pain.

as said you just have to have a go and learn as you go along, i shot my first two deer a couple of months ago and watched some videos and likened some similarities to skinning a large rabbit. i found the experience very rewarding, needed not a great deal of space and had all the tools i needed in the household. i have boned out a couple of legs recently and had some wonderful eating,with experience the process should become more efficient and productive. will not be taking mine to butcher and will be doing my own.