Shotgun grant application - 101 days

Shotgun renewal application - 101 days

Firearm grant application - 134 days

Firearm renewal application - 134 days

Variations - 25 days

Change of address - 15 days

General miscellaneous - 56 days

Transactions - 32 days

Please note all times are shown in working days. All times are correct at time of update and will be updated weekly. Last update 9th May 2016.

Edited by Katash

Sent my SG renewal off a couple of weeks back to West Mercia with about 6 months left on my ticket following a renewal "invitation" they sent. There is no requirement to send your license in so you can carry on whilst they process the papers. Within a few days I got a letter back explaining that there was a large backlog due to high demand and they would get on it as soon as possible. Also in the envelope was a temporary permit covering me well into 2017 (without me having to ask).

Looks to me that west Mercia have acknowledged they have a bit of an issue and are doing what they can to make life as easy as possible whilst they deal with it. Meet them halfway and get your paperwork in with plenty of time to spare and things should pan out.

All the best.

Brian

So what happened to the mantra, no agreement on a police proposed increase in the cost of certificates until the shooting community receive an acceptably improved level of service?" .............well the police got more money.........but it seems we are still getting an abysmally slow service!

My son has given up shooting now because his marriage went belly-up and he moved north to get away from the psychotic bitch.

But at his last renewal with West Mercia they kept him waiting for..............................................................................11 months.

We then told them that we were going to make an official complaint to the CC, whereupon it transpired that the reason it was taking so long was because they had lost it..................and had then forgotten about it.

His FAC had run out 9 months earlier and they had no knowledge of it, and we had to give them all the info on his rifle so that they could issue a new ticket.

G

If you look at the historic number of Section 7 permit issues you will see West Mercia had far more (400 odd) than a majority of other forces (if i recall Wales had the lowest, in single figures).

With the new merger Warwickshire has now been caught up in Mercia's issues and are caught in the backlog, with all licensing now sitting in Malvern.

I never had any issues with Warwickshire (when i came under their team), it was always the same FEO who was also a shooting man but since this merger it all seems to have gone to pot!

In my view Warwickshire were pulled into a merger with an under performing force (in many ways) and are now paying the price whilst funding is used to try and dig out Mercia meaning the two are now up a creek!

Purchased a rifle last week, had it RFD'd to my local dealer who added it to my ticket.

Foolishly I didn't check it beforehand

Found unacceptable damage to barrel (courier been playing with it by looks of it)

Rifle had to be exchanged but due to it being entered onto my licence I have to go through the variation process.

Was advised to address to head of firearms dept who would personally turn it round as quickly as possible.

Been over a week already

Anticipating a considerable wait.

Ordered it for myself as a birthday present off Mrs, might be able to shoot it next birthday if I'm lucky :(

Edited by Katash