Great morning stalk

flynny

Well it all came together yesterday morning at 6am, I was stalking a small wood when I spotted a doe about 50 yds away, the wind was in my face and she didn't have a clue I was there.i was watching her for a good 4-5 mins getting closer and closer to me, she eventually winded me at about 15 yds away and off she went barking like a good un. I smiled to myself as all the training and field craft and stalks over the last 2 years were slotting together nicely.I stood my ground for another 5 mins still glassing the wood in front of me . She was still sounding the alarm call when I heard more barking to the right of me , a lovely little 6 pointer had come to see what all the fuss was about.I Was already on the sticks so I flicked off the safety, put the cross hairs behind the shoulder and gently squeezed the trigger and released the 308 bullet, at 40yds he dropped on the spot. I rolled a smoke then walked over to where the buck lay. A perfect shot !!!!to say I was chuffed is an understatement,

I then got on with the gralloch and found that the round had took out the heart, perfect shot placement!!!!!!!!!!

This was my first buck on my new syndicate ground, also my first unaccompanied grassed beast,

i have shot shot a few deer over the last 2 years but always on guided or highseat stalks,

It was a great first milestone for me to overcome,

I have just finished butchering the beast and the fillets are in the fridge ready for tea, I shall crack open a nice bottle of red later and reflect on an excellent morning stalk , what an experience

Tab

Flynny

Edited by flynny

Come on flynny, where's the picture man

On SD mate, under general deer stalking, titled 3 days of bliss,

I can't down size the pics to put on here??????? And when I Dropbox it, the link sends free reign to all my pics lol,

Flynny

Edited by flynny

Cool , nice one. Plenty of good eating for a while

Cheers Nathan,

I'm gonna bring a boned out haunch to the PW weekend

Nicely done.

Did you keep the antlers to mount as a memento?

Yes Dunk, I've got momentous from all the deer I've shot over the last 2 years

Good job Flynny, you'll remember that for a long time. Wish mine were being as cooperative as to announce their precence, i've been given the right run around this season....

Cheers pal ,it was my 7th outing this year, I've been getting used to my new ground and knew the small wood was holding deer,

Thanks for the replies lads

Atb

Flynny

• 2 weeks later...

Nice one flynny, their very few and far between round here. We have Muntjac and I've seen a pair of fallow, which shows promise as long as there isn't some numpty stupid enough to shoot them on site. But never seen any roe myself.

I'll try and get a Muntjac for the weekend and do a simple cutting demo.

Nice one flynny, their very few and far between round here. We have Muntjac and I've seen a pair of fallow, which shows promise as long as there isn't some numpty stupid enough to shoot them on site. But never seen any roe myself.

I'll try and get a Muntjac for the weekend and do a simple cutting demo.

Cheers Dougy, muntjac mmmmmmmmmmmmmm, I'll let you know when the roe haunch is getting roasted mmmmmmmmmmm

Atb

Flynny

• 2 weeks later...