Payments rfd

The seller asks his RFD to enter the gun in his register, so in effect he has sold it to him for the amount he wants for doing the transaction. Sellers RFD then sends it to the buyers RFD who enters it in his register, so ownership has now transferred to him. He then sells it to the buyer for whatever amount he wants for doing the transaction and enters it on the buyers certificate.

The seller informs his licensing authority that he has sold the gun to his RFD and the buyer informs his licensing authority that he has bought the gun from his RFD. It's that simple.

That depends on what you are doing, if you are sending you pay the rfd to send the gun and wave bye bye. I you are receiving you go to the rfd when the gun has arrived the rfd checks your license and that the gun is properly entered on it and you pay him for his trouble, normally 20 ish quid

The seller asks his RFD to enter the gun in his register, so in effect he has sold it to him for the amount he wants for doing the transaction. Sellers RFD then sends it to the buyers RFD who enters it in his register, so ownership has now transferred to him. He then sells it to the buyer for whatever amount he wants for doing the transaction and enters it on the buyers certificate.

The seller informs his licensing authority that he has sold the gun to his RFD and the buyer informs his licensing authority that he has bought the gun from his RFD. It's that simple.

Its not meant happen like that. The license entry is meant to be done by the seller.

The license entry IS done by the seller as the seller is the buyers RFD.

only if the rfd will or wants to do it that way. I wouldn't if I was an rfd as they are then liable for any problems with the gun not the person who really sold it

only if the rfd will or wants to do it that way. I wouldn't if I was an rfd as they are then liable for any problems with the gun not the person who really sold it

I think common sense would prevail in those circumstances; it has never been a problem in my experience. It would be entirely idiotic to expect the RFD to be responsible for the condition of the shotgun in such circumstances.

How is payment generally made in these circs? I would never pay for a gun unseen, is payment usually made to the vendor prior to RFD or is payment made to the RFD when the purchaser is satisfied with the condition of the gun?

That is something for the seller and buyer to negotiate.

That is something for the seller and buyer to negotiate.

And presumably the rfd needs to agree to handle the money.

You pay the vendor as you would when buying anything

There is no way on God's earth I'd part with £3k+ for something second hand which I hadn't seen from a private individual, and probably not from a business either. Edited by Glenlivet

RDF in simple terms "you get stung at both ends"

Ladies and gents you begrudge paying your local RFD £20 but some of you are quite happy to pay your GP £20 for putting a flag agains your medical records that you own guns or send medical information to the police.

Life is amusing.